LegacyGT.com

Help me spend $1000

2005 LGT Wagon 5 speed. 71k miles

-All maintenance done by Mach V in VA.

-Kartboy short shifter and kartboy bushings

I've got $1000, basic tools and basic mechanical skills.

What's a suggested combination of next mods?

Bang for the buck is my focus for a safe, fun daily driver.

I'm currently thinking

-Rallitek endlinks (on sale now)

-Whiteline rear adjustable sway bar

Cobb AP

-Stage 1 tune.

I am also considering VAG cable and open source etune which would free up significant amount towards partial stage 2.

Up Pipe/Down pipe, custom map.

Need suggestions for good combinations and good fitment.

Rear sway bar with the braces for the sway bar support.

My wagon has Invidia catless up/dn pipes.

Use http://www.tuningalliance.com for your open source tuning. Mike knows these cars pretty well.

Just tell him I sent you. I bought my up/dp from his site.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators

With a $1000, I would recommend picking one or the other: power or suspension?

If you pick power, heres an idea:

-Catted downpipe ($350)

-Stock STi Catless Up Pipe ($75)

-BP TMIC Kit ($90)

-Random replacement gaskets ($50)

-Opensource etune ($150)

TOTAL = $715

If you pick suspension you have a number of options. Sways, sway mounts, end links, struts, and springs just to name a few. Sounds like you're local to VA and I might be getting rid of my struts / springs shortly depending on your timeline :) Either way, from my own experience I would recommend replacing the struts / springs together before doing a full sway bar setup. The return from struts / springs is huge.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

BMB is right, The Koni's and Epic springs transformed the wagon, it handles better then the 09 Spec B.

It has stock sway bars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Moderators

I've run full sways / endlinks on an LGT wagon, aftermarket struts/springs on an OBXT, and now aftermarket struts / springs with a full sway/endlink setup on an OBXT.

The biggest difference was realized from the struts/springs. Followed by just adding sways to a stock setup. Adding sways to the setup with aftermarket struts / springs already installed gave the least improvement out of the three setups.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yes, I have to agree again. I'm driving the Spec B now as my DD while the tranny is out of the wagon.

On the same flyovers and exit ramps at the same speeds, the wagon has a lot less body roll then the Spec.

The Spec rides better but with a little wieght the wagon rides nice too.

I'd go

-CNT Downpipe (I went Catless cause I dont care about trees, and its cheaper, $210) depends on your location really.

-An uppipe for under $80 sti catless, or anything really, its just a pipe.

-Stage 2 etune and Vag com cable $160

- $50 dollars for some 1" and 2" titanium wrap and clamps

-$90 dollars for bmb tmic bulletproof kit

so $590 for proper stage 2

- Some springs - 250-300 dollars.

Then I would save and wait for the end/beginning of the year Koni sale get a set for 500 bucks.

-A hotchkis sway bar set (325-350)

-kartboy endlinks (200 for full set)

-Some front lower control caster adding bushings(125 for front rear, and 50 for front front)

-whiteline bumpsteer and roll center kit if your springs lower the car(225)

Cash is for all $1 bills. Strip club

If we're going that route, You can send it to my PayPal account. PM me I'll give you the info.

I would suggest Konis and springs. You probably need the struts anyway so it's a double bonus.

-Mike Paisan

AZP's First Private Track Event, June 19 at NJMP Thunderbolt $315 including Classroom and Mentor!

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

from my experience w/ other cars, suspension tuning is the best way to go first. if you shop right, that 1K of yours will go a long way. :)

shop when there are huge discounts like this july4th weekend, a lot of online places have 10% off or more. just my 2cents

Archived