LegacyGT.com

The EJ255 Engine Failure and my Horror story.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

;)

So next time will you get the bolts ? They are easy to get from the dealership. they are the same as the bolt that hold the up pipe bracket to the block.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

All you have to do is remove the studs, use the double nut method to remove them.

Or is there some other reason the Cobb up pipe is different ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

All you have to do is remove the studs, use the double nut method to remove them.

Or is there some other reason the Cobb up pipe is different ?

I'm in Puerto Rico with Mom, when i get back i'll look into it. the car is the farthest thing i have in mind at this moment. got other things to weary about. :icon_neut

How is that? are you half asleep?

Actually I was lol. I clicked the wrong thread in my subscriptions. I just started typing away. I thought it was the "what did you do to your car" thread.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/05/d6b688717b633cf094bc66c42d3116f7.jpg

I think these are the bolts. I was going to do it this weekend at my friend Tony's house but Unfortunately my friend daughter past away. The saga continues.

• 2 weeks later...
Friday I took everything apart tmic, dp, Turbo, uppipe, uppipe studs, EBCS. Saturday After a beautiful day working on and under the car, I'm again disappointed. The 16g turbo from BNR is leaking coolant. Installed new oil return hose, new coolant bolts with washers, new bottom coolant hose, 3 new flange bolts, GS EBCS with 1/4" and 3/8" adaptors and 2 tees from Turkeylord with new silicone hoses, 3/8" hose, New down pipe to catback bolts. just ordered the turbo water lines.

The Culprit of my struggles, i did this to my self and paid dearly. the first time i installed the turbo a should have cut the lines to separate them, but like a jackass not thinking clearly i decided to bend the center peace that hold the 2 lines together on a vice,hammer and screw driver.

777736811_2015-06-2219_25_18.thumb.jpg.3c8fb7f3affdda2e7a91d566aa1f58ec.jpg

726650845_2015-06-2219_26_49.thumb.jpg.d519db9114812c212faa1a892099ffbb.jpg

293351925_2015-06-2219_26_06.thumb.jpg.74e644a3679711d7a1828feca7935273.jpg

• 5 months later...
Perrin has two inlets. The original v1 that was made for the LGT, and the one that they market for the LGT now that is actually designed for the WRX. The newest one fits like poo if you don't buy the wrx bpv return hose with it.

My '06 LGT just burned an exhaust valve and is currently being repaired, and I'm putting the Perrin turbo inlet hose in at the same time, so this post caught my attention.

Anyone have the part # for the WRX BPV return hose?

My '06 LGT just burned an exhaust valve and is currently being repaired, and I'm putting the Perrin turbo inlet hose in at the same time, so this post caught my attention.

See if one of the hoses M Sprank is selling fits. Also got that same time as the AVO.

Msprank for sure, I buy a lot of my parts from infamous performance tuning.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Archived