LegacyGT.com

The EJ255 Engine Failure and my Horror story.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear that AZP no longer does motors. I dont ship them (at this time). Too much hassle with UPS and any damage that can occur. Maybe try Outfront Motorsports. They ship motors and they build a LOT of Subie motors. I had them build the motor in our sponsored Time Attack car (they sponsor the car now too).

Sprank when I've checked out the Outfront web pages it's all about sandrails that have very different requirements from road race cars. It's good to know they are building engines suitable for road racing too.

Where can I find images of your time attack car?

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Their website has not been updated in years. They live by word of mouth more than anything. They do build a LOT of sand rail motors, but they build just as many street motors (if not more). I know they avg 40-50 motors per month and have contracts with engine resellers all over. If you buy a motor online, you might just be getting an Outfront and not know it.

Teaser pic of the car. Newest sponsors are CP/Carillo, Outfont Motorsports and KillerB Motorsports. New engine, new exhaust/turbo set up, new front end and rear end being (custom subframes and arms) being worked on now.

1593748719_rd62.jpg.a2fef5e75c81bdf4f13f07795169f29f.jpg

Their website has not been updated in years. They live by word of mouth more than anything. They do build a LOT of sand rail motors, but they build just as many street motors (if not more). I know they avg 40-50 motors per month and have contracts with engine resellers all over. If you buy a motor online, you might just be getting an Outfront and not know it.

Teaser pic of the car. Newest sponsors are CP/Carillo, Outfont Motorsports and KillerB Motorsports. New engine, new exhaust/turbo set up, new front end and rear end being (custom subframes and arms) being worked on now.

Make a thread on your build!

Its not an LGT, Lol.

I know that, but the engine build would be interesting here. Do you have a total build thread on NASIOC?

No. Honestly I would far prefer to break track records (like last year) than worry about a build thread. But, if we do well at Super Lap Battle (we won and broke the track record in our class last year) then I probably will just to honor our sponsors who helped us so much this season.

We will be running the brand new KillerB Spoolinator set up. So I will have lots of data on the new kit as well. A hybrid turbo (Garrett/ATP/Tial) in the stock location. An answer to the BW EFR at a lower cost.

• 6 months later...

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208423&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1431279411http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=208422&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1431279411

What a PITA :nono:. Yesterday i was doing the Bnr turbo install and 2 things happened, the inlet hose broke an the vacuum lines at the turbo are larger than the hoses in the car. Please give me some recommendations on a good inlet hose Perrin,avo,Ect. and what do i do with the vacuum lines? :spin:

Here are some pics of the vf40 rattle, Wastegate Failure. :confused:

I went with a OEM intake hose. Auto parts stores will have vacuum hose.

Do you have a new oil return hose ?

I also bolt the turbo to the up pipe. Leave it lose until the tmic is on and tight, then tighten the three bolts at the up pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I went with a OEM intake hose. Auto parts stores will have vacuum hose.

Do you have a new oil return hose ?

I also bolt the turbo to the up pipe. Leave it lose until the tmic is on and tight, then tighten the three bolts at the up pipe.

Thank you for the tip max. :)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4782.jpg

In case you hadn't seen it.

The bolts are the same ones that hold the up pipe bracket to the block.

I thought that the Perrin inlet hose was one of the easiest parts of the install...now the throttle body hose....SOB...it's tough to get right.

Perrin has two inlets. The original v1 that was made for the LGT, and the one that they market for the LGT now that is actually designed for the WRX. The newest one fits like poo if you don't buy the wrx bpv return hose with it.

He did not get a list of parts, he sent a list of parts. What was requested was sent. The only 05-06 LGT specific inlet made anymore is the AVO.

I didn't mean to look like I was blaming you! I now realize I didn't word it clearly. We know you wouldn't have made that oversight if you were asked to provide a suggested complete solution.

I didn't think things over when i ordered from mike, but i did ask on the forum for advice and perrin was the one every one recommended. it is what it is and it looks the tits. Mañana i'll go get some miscellaneous parts at the dealer and give the turbo another shot.

I thought that the Perrin inlet hose was one of the easiest parts of the install...now the throttle body hose....SOB...it's tough to get right.

Clamp on throttle body good. on the tmic, that shit is crazy. :lol: so i used a clamp from the old hose in the meantime. once i get it tuned by tuning alliance and come back from visiting my mom in P.R, I'll give it a shot. God Willing. :rolleyes:

I didn't think things over when i ordered from mike, but i did ask on the forum for advice and perrin was the one every one recommended. it is what it is and it looks the tits. Mañana i'll go get some miscellaneous parts at the dealer and give the turbo another shot.

Well don't say everyone recommended the perrin, I went with a OEM hose for the inlet to the turbo, because of all the problems I read about on here.

Archived