LegacyGT.com

New cat back on the market?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALL of Corsa's tips look like that.

That ZR1 has quad 4" tips... Twin 4" on each side would most definitely not fit in the cut outs. I have single 4" on mine and it fills it rather nicely. A 4.5" on each side would be too big, and the cutouts aren't big enough for even twin 3" without having to move it down low... then there's a big gap at the top. We generally do twins on square/rectangular cutouts... oval ones like the LGT get a single.

Yeah it does the pipes come out of the y section and turn 90 degrees and run parallel to the axle so it's low along that section. I like the tone and the sound level but it is the lowest part of my car.

We're going to try and get the entire Y split and each leg in front of the sway bar in the rear, while not going too far below it. The muffler in the tunnel will hang the lowest unfortunately, but we need that for tonal adjustments. It fits in the gap in the heat shields in the smack middle of the car.

Six 4" tips per side or I'm out :spin:

I'm sure single will look great. Ball park cost?

We have single wall 5" diesel truck tips...

Can't talk about cost yet aside from the fact this finely engineered bit is going to cost more than the $6-800 kits you find now that drone as if they're intended to. The engineering and design time along with the fact that they're hand welded in the USA out of 100% stainless steel isn't cheap but it will be worth it. ;)

The engineering and design time along with the fact that they're hand welded in the USA out of 100% stainless steel isn't cheap but it will be worth it. ;)

I can appreciate that, was just looking for a ballpark. So $1000ish?

Also, any pics yet?

I assure you, the Corsa one will be worth the wait. ;)

Price point is still in flux right now.

I am extremely interested, My car is torn apart right now for an engine R&R and I am upgrading many things in the process. I would like to do it all at once and be done with it. Do you have a time frame of when this will be available?

• Moderators
I am extremely interested, My car is torn apart right now for an engine R&R and I am upgrading many things in the process. I would like to do it all at once and be done with it. Do you have a time frame of when this will be available?

Sometime between now and never, leaning towards never :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
I'd rather have oval dual walled tips that are stamped Corsa on my new CBE... :D Since we are the bastard Subaru platform that has to wait for the Brotated WRX/STi kiddies of NASIOC, I hope I can wait long enough to see/hear this thing before I give up on waiting and get the Nameless option. I already gave up on TurboXS. CBE decision has been the biggest PITA choice of any of my mod plans to date. Please please make me believe it was all for a reason (namely the Corsa option coming to fruition).

I'd rather have oval dual walled tips that are stamped Corsa on my new CBE... :D Since we are the bastard Subaru platform that has to wait for the Brotated WRX/STi kiddies of NASIOC, I hope I can wait long enough to see/hear this thing before I give up on waiting and get the Nameless option. I already gave up on TurboXS. CBE decision has been the biggest PITA choice of any of my mod plans to date. Please please make me believe it was all for a reason (namely the Corsa option coming to fruition).

Like These? ;)

941469_3077816841943_2082875588_n.jpg.8bdd16124ffff4dc288d3789d09c24fb.jpg

There will be one 4" tip per cut out, and it'll be round. We don't have any oval tips. The bumper cutouts are not made for twins in each cutout without them being 2" or smaller. We don't have tubing here that small to go into a tip that size. The WRX/STI cutouts are bigger and support twin 3" on each side.

Those tips you have in that picture are the older, embossed ones where the logo is raised up like Braille. All of our current tips are laser etched. :)

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/magazine-stuff/corsa-2010-camaro-exhaust/19218999/corsa-performance-exhaust-2010-camaro-ss-62-l-stainless-tip.jpg

I'm working with our sales/marketing team to get some videos up of the STI sound. The LGT sound will be identical to the ear inside and outside. Personally I wish we could kick this Subaru stuff into high gear and get it out soon, but we want to bring the entire LGT wagon+sedan and OBXT offering to market at the same time instead of peace meal, one at a time.

I know this only goes so far, but you guys really have my word that it will be worth the wait. :)

I think I can also say that the LGT/OBXT kits will most likely be cheaper than the WRX/STI kits due to simpler tip assemblies on the LGT/OBXT (single vs twin in the cutout).

I hope that helps guys. :)

that looks like an oval tip... lol

Hey, by the way what is the name of the exhaust that has "dual skinny tips" for the LGT? Are there different brands? They look like the ones on the new WRX.

CNT (skinny) and invidia Q300

Archived