LegacyGT.com

VIR Full Course 3.27 miles, Subaru Outback XT, 2:17 lap time, 146MPH top speed

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Here is a short video from last summer.

I'm not a racer, but that looks really smooth and you are hauling ass.

What EWG are you running? Is it full external or plumbed to the downpipe? Is it annoying to drive around town?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not a racer, but that looks really smooth and you are hauling ass.

What EWG are you running? Is it full external or plumbed to the downpipe? Is it annoying to drive around town?

Tial 44m EWG. Its external dump. Due to the EBCS it causes a fluttering sounds, which makes the car sound a bit strange under full acceleration.

It only gets loud when the EWG kicks in. So just cruising around town I'll only be a full boost for a few seconds at a time, so its fine.

146 MPH in an Outback :wub:

Yeah that video I posted I only got 141. But I did hit 146 in one of the morning sessions when it was cooler and a braked at the last possible moment. A bit scary so I pulled it back a bit after that, but it wasn't my best lap as I hit traffic.

EDIT: I found the video with the 146MPH. Much better video than the other I posted. It's a video with like 3 laps, and I pass a bunch of cars.

Yeah that video I posted I only got 141. But I did hit 146 in one of the morning sessions when it was cooler and a braked at the last possible moment. A bit scary so I pulled it back a bit after that, but it wasn't my best lap as I hit traffic.

EDIT: I found the video with the 146MPH. Much better video than the other I posted. It's a video with like 3 laps, and I pass a bunch of cars.

Video is marked private. :(

They don't care when you pull in but after you get on it and open the hood it's a different story. Every time at the local car meets for me too. lol

I get totally ignored at car meets because my car is so stealth. Even with the engine build I had everything done to look stock as possible.

engine.thumb.jpg.c972e42575797b205c11e8bf3fe92056.jpg

I think a nice seat will make this build perfect. I follow you on youtube, in your videos you seem to brace and prepare yourself before each corner. I do exactly the same when I go to track days. I recently put a Recaro SR-1 in my LGT, and it has changed the driving experience. It feels like the suspension has become sharper. The more grippy seat takes out that slide and delay of transferring the car's movement into the body, it is also more comfortable than the stock seat.

y03mi.jpg.ae8d9c3d2340f5251d850a563152837f.jpg

Right now I just have the App TrackMaster, so the speed is from GPS. The Video is from GoPro.

I am using RaceRender 2 to put the video and data together. However, I realized that my Accessport datalog can also be used by RaceRender. So next time I got out I'll use that to capture additional data from ODBII.

I know I can be faster. The tires were pretty much toast when that video was made. At the end of that day they were corded. Also driving skill is always improving.

I used to use tactrix data logs with my go pro. I had a log reset when the defrost button was pushed. At that was in frame, when the light went off, I had a visible sync point for video & data. Adjusting with RaceRender was trivial at that point.

Using RPM instead speed will be more helpful, too. Assuming you are making max power between 5k & 7k ? The acceleration when you dropped below 5 was pretty slow.

You can fix RR to show a box/telltale when you hit max numbers like G & mph.

Tial 44m EWG. Its external dump. Due to the EBCS it causes a fluttering sounds, which makes the car sound a bit strange under full acceleration.

It only gets loud when the EWG kicks in. So just cruising around town I'll only be a full boost for a few seconds at a time, so its fine.

Looks like this EBCS will help with the noise

• 9 months later...

Archived