LegacyGT.com

VIR Full Course 3.27 miles, Subaru Outback XT, 2:17 lap time, 146MPH top speed

Well I really don't like to talk about it as it's not a good memory. I took the car into IAG to diagnose a misfire after my own troubleshooting had failed (checked plugs and ignition coils) . After having the car for two months, they diagnosed the the problem as a bad fuel injector. They replaced the injectors and all seemed well.

I took the car out to the track about a month later and about 1/2 way through the first session the car didn't seem to be running right. I pulled in and called IAG and they told me to just put in more race gas. I went back out the second session and the car was still not running right so pulled it in and called it quits. I then noticed a major oil leak.

I took the car back to IAG and they diagnosed it as the fuel pressure regulator hose had came off, caused the engine to run super lean, and the result was a cracked block. I told them they must have not secured the hose when they reassembled after putting the new injectors in, but they said they didn't touch the hose and this failure was completely unrelated to the previous work they did. They refused to accept any responsibility or offer any discounts for the now more expensive repair.

Also not long after the engine was rebuilt with a new block, my AFR gauge started acting all wacky. So I took the car back up there for them to look at. The diagnosed the problem as the Moroso AOS that I had wasn't big enough and that I needed a Crawford AOS instead. So I let them put the Crawford on and the problem was still not fixed. On a hunch I replaced the front O2 sensor with a NTK unit and problem was fixed. The crazy thing is when I took it there I suggested it may be an O2 sensor issue, but they said they replaced the O2 sensor with a new OEM one when the did the re-build so they automatically ruled that out. In hindsight I should have just replaced the O2 sensor myself before taking it up there, but it was so soon after getting the car back I figured it may had been something else with the build.

So needless to say after these experiences at IAG I will not be making the 1.5 hr drive up there again. Which is unfortunate, perhaps I was going there right when they were blowing up in popularity and maybe their quality dropped off during that time. In the news lately I have saw they made some high profile hires so maybe they've fixed any quality problems, but I know I'll not risk it again.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is a major negative in my book. I have met up with the guys from that shop at boxerfest and even drove down to their shop for a meet from NY. Seem legit but appearance can sometimes be deceiving. I guess you live and you learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I don't like to say anything negative about a business, and I'm sure plenty of people have had good experiences and nothing personally against the guys there. I also had some body work done there because it worked out better as far as getting a ride there. I just basically swapped cars. I have no complaints about the body work that was done to my other car.

Damn, man. That is a seriously nice motor.

Are you local to NOVA or closer to richmond? Would love to see the car.

Man you know I'm local.... I've been to your house :lol: Remember I sold you my old TMIC back in November, you picked it up at Hardtimes (and you promptly resold for double what I sold it to you for :rolleyes:).

The car is still over at Moore in Fairfax. Should be done toward the end of the month or early March. Depends how long it takes to get exhaust parts back from Swain Tech.

Awesome built for sure. I wish I could drop something like that on into my legacy but not happening anytime soon, can't wait for your videos this spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I actually got a full time Dash Cam which I picked up in Taiwan last year. So should get some good video with that + go pro's. Also hopefully capture some of the idiot NoVA drivers.

• Moderators
Man you know I'm local.... I've been to your house :lol: Remember I sold you my old TMIC back in November, you picked it up at Hardtimes (and you promptly resold for double what I sold it to you for :rolleyes:).

The car is still over at Moore in Fairfax. Should be done toward the end of the month or early March. Depends how long it takes to get exhaust parts back from Swain Tech.

LOL, I only knew your Nasioc name I guess. In my defense, I was there to pick up the stock TMIC for a customer, only grabbed the other TMIC because you were selling it for crazy cheap. I paid your asking price for both items...should I have offered up more money?!? :lol:

I really hope this build works out for you. Not sure if I mentioned it, but I walked by you at the Home Depot in Springfield not too long ago. Looked at the car and registered that some crazy bastard had stoptechs on his OBXT only in time to see you pulling out.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Well we will see once I have some use on this new setup. It's held up fine to this point.

With the spend you are doing on that motor, you'll be looking at a 6mt & front LSD soon. Unless your shifts are consistently 500mS or longer. I took out 3rd & 4th at the beginning, then 5th lost its temper and started shearing teeth.

I'd start looking for 6mt swap parts now

• 11 months later...

Archived