LegacyGT.com

KartBoy STS & front bushings install.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a Cobb STS and Kartboy front and rear bushings. The vibration bugs me sometimes and I am wondering if switching the Kartboy rear bushing out for an OEM one would help much? Do you think that most of the vibration is coming from the harder front, or rear bushing (perhaps a combination?). I like the shorter throws of the shifter, but, I don't like the higher vibration at > 4k RPM.

• 1 year later...

This is what I found when I installed mine. From my post

As far as the heavy metal braket, I can't see for the life of me how one can possibley rotate this bracket 180 degress. The braket is not semetrical, so rotating it does not yield the same hole pattern and there is a bracket that screws into the console near the heated seat adjustments. Anyway, I cut the corner piece out with a dremel tool and ground off the ruff edges. Worked great.

Yeah it seems like a real pain to flip the plate even if it will work. Ill grind at it with a dremel when I get the chance. It doesnt rub badly but I feel like it would move more freely if there was no rub.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I never looked at how it sat in 5th when I had it exposed but it seemed to barely rub in 1st. I greased up the metal/rubber it was rubbing on and installed the front bushing. Now it seems to move easier, definantly more exact feeling with the front bushing. I should have done the rear right now but **** it. Ill do it at school on the lift with their tools.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is what I found when I installed mine. From my post

As far as the heavy metal braket, I can't see for the life of me how one can possibley rotate this bracket 180 degress. The braket is not semetrical, so rotating it does not yield the same hole pattern and there is a bracket that screws into the console near the heated seat adjustments. Anyway, I cut the corner piece out with a dremel tool and ground off the ruff edges. Worked great.

I just simply didn't re-install it...and all is splendid here :).

• 2 years later...

Just my notes from my install- for those who happen across this via the search function.

-cut the damn bracket! Not that big of a deal... I simply squared it to mirror the passenger side and never even had to worry about clearance issues.

- the rear bushing IS a pita... royally. What I did was start a bolt, then push the middle of the rubber towards the other bolt to get it started. I alternated which way I pushed on the middle of it to avoid the tight/ stripping of threads feeling. Took much to long to figure that out though.

- might've been said already... but do it all at once. Bushings and sts. I removed the shifter then the front nut for the bushing, and then the rear bushing bolts- and just removed the whole assembly- MUCH easier to get it ready off the vehicle then in cramped quarters.

- remove the damn heat shield people... those saying they left it on just to fight around it... why? It's four 12mm bolts and takes half a second to remove and install.

-OP did a FANTASTICAL write up!!! KUDOS THERE, with an incredible step by step chronicle of each move... Great work!

*that said... I'd definitely recommend NOT re-using the old worn out grease. Use ball bearing grease or equivalent and call it a day.

This mod is by far one of the best you can do that isn't cosmetic and doesn't require a tune... because- RaceCar!

:cool:

Archived