LegacyGT.com

Ecutek Tune for 3.6R (Powha! brought to you by Visconti Tuning)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, sure would. He would need some tweaks applied here and there to the maps developed on my car (because racecar, because CBE, 89/93 tune).

Essentially the same exercise Rhett is going through in NC: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4370628&postcount=24

We're going to have an 87 map developed too sometime in the near future so that might be a good place for him to start.

Especially if he wants to continue to fill up with 87 (as am I, lol).

Yep. I think the most we managed to get with this tune (after the car cooled down from all the heat-soak) was 240whp @ 5400RPM.

I guess that's more or less Stage 1 LGT territory, or at least stock WRX/Sti territory.

Depends on what dyno numbers you want to believe. LGT and WRX should be pretty darn close stock considering they have the same crank HP. Stupid dynos can read all over the place though. Typically you see 240 ish stock but then there are the odd balls like the dyno my car was on that stated 270 something stock. At then end of the day, it's just the delta that matters. Looks like you have a nice bump throughout the powerband.

As for the octane, If you have 93 readily available, I'd just get tuned with that and get the most out of the car that's possible. Yeah it hurts the wallet a bit at the pump, but you gotta pay to play! ;)

Indeed, all about the relative delta. Thanks for the props!

I've been dyno tuning cars in Germany/Poland, France/Spain since 1997.

Very happy with the gains thus far.

For those who asked about MPGs, after one tankful of mixed driving (I'd say 80% city) I'm seeing a 2-3 MPG dip.

Could be just the pedal to the metal effect, lol still reasonable. I will see more when I drive upstate later this month.

Pre-tune I averaged 30-32 MPGs for all highway miles. I'm not too worried about MPGs at all, just curious.

If accurate, those numbers are slightly slower than stock LGT 0-60 times.
Yep, indeed. Thx Delta. I clocked two more with slightly better times: 5.44 and 5.49.

Still stock LGT territory which is ok with me ;) Full tank of gas, extra weight of the H6, plus my sorry behind adding 220 lbs to the curb weight lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Never tired. Running Purrrfect. I've tried both 89 and 93 tanks now. Runs just fine on both. No backfire, no knock (as far as I can tell).

MPG has shot up again too, 24/25MPG mixed driving. Met up with Railkill (Chris) this past Monday and he saw my little beast first hand.

Liked it on FB and started to follow it on Twitter (lol).

Thx guys. Sounds good. Supposedly (MRPleaks, lol) he just got home from yet another cross-US trip. The 89/93 tune is done. When John has more time and I've got another $150 to shell out on more dyno time, we'll develop a 87 map. Worthy-cause-donations much appreciated :)

I've had the same experience. He's a character for sure.

MRP is telling me he's going to be @ their shop tomorrow.

I'm planning to stop by before 1-2PM.

If he's working his normal CT->NY schedule, that's the time he gets there

and then stays tuning cars late into the night.

When we did the default map for our cars, John was 'done' with my car at 9PM

AND still had 2-3 cars to go. I bet he was there until 11-midnight.

Talked to a ecutek tuner on Friday in NC that has been in touch with John about this tune. According to him, John will ultimately need our ECM number in order to proceed properly with the tune. He said this was necessary even if our cars had the same engine. Apparantly, there could slight variations between the trims (limited, premium, base models). I guess I'll go ahead and get that number while I wait to her back from John.

Archived