LegacyGT.com

How long did you look?

jkaszynski

A lot of it is luck, and willingness to travel to see a vehicle that's interesting to you. It seems that a lot of GT/ Spec B owners retain their vehicles so it's hard to track down a low mile, stock vehicle. They're out there though, so keep looking if that's what you want.

• Moderators

What they said. Time, willingness to travel, and willingness to pay for the "gem" that you are looking for. I'm in the DC area and previously flew to detroit to pick up a 5EAT wagon ~18 months ago. I'm flying tomorrow to Atlanta to pick up a 5MT OBXT.

Both were/are in great shape and both were/are low mileage. Neither is terribly cheap but I'm certainly not getting ripped off, IMO. I've been keeping my eye out for the right 5MT wagon for a while now, probably 6 months or so of semi-serious looking around before the right one popped up, and luckily the situation worked out to allow me to sell my other vehicle.

Funny part is that the owner of the car I'm picking up tomorrow found me, not the other way around :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Although the car I was looking for wasn't used, it was one of the few brand new 2012 LGT's left in the country last summer, I drove 600 miles (one way) to trade my car in and take delivery of my new one. Luckily, it just so happened that we were headed to that area anyway to visit family over a holiday. But it all worked out and I couldn't be happier that my search payed off and I got exactly what I wanted. It was a month long wait although I found my car within 2 weeks and the dealer was willing to hold it for 2 weeks until my vacation.

Found 1 LGT Manual wagon in 1 hour. Went and saw it but didn't buy. Found another manual wagon an hour away, bought it without looking.

Took me a whole 2 hours total to find the one I bought.

Is it perfect, no. But she had 71k on her and was a wagon and was stock. All I needed.

Was car shopping for my brother and saw the lgt(always wanted it) and test drove it, loved it but that wasn't the one, found this one about 1- 2 weeks later 20 miles away

So really I didn't even plan on buying a car, isn't that how it always happens. You don't need it something, it's available and when you need something, it's not available

Be willing to travel for the right car. I was looking for about a month. I was looking for any MT lgt sedan to replace the obxt, test drove a specB and fell in love with the 6MT, then began looking exclusively for those. I ended up finding mine on autotrader, then realized it was also listed on nasioc, so flew out to UT to get it.

Keep looking and good luck.

The big problem I've seen is dealers keep getting their hands on them and won't move on the price. I realize they're on the rare side, but seriously. It's not making you money sitting on the lot.

I'm in kind of a pinch because my current car's next mile could very well be it's last ( I rode the paid off vehicle train as long as I could). At this point I'm waiting for Autotrader, the classifieds here and at Nasoic to just come back with a webpage error "seriously man, you were just here 10 minutes ago"

I spent about a day finding what I wanted. Test drove a 2.5i for about an hour. The following day, test drove an Outback 3.6. And then promptly ordered my GT.

I still had to wait 13 weeks, of course. And I'm positive that my experience is entirely unhelpful for you, other than the fact that patience is required, regardless of how you're looking for your next car.

Sold my spec b to a guy from Missouri, he flew in to Dayton and I drove up and picked him up at the airport. Did all the money/paper work. Then he asked what's one place you have to eat in Cincinnati, so we went and had lunch at skyline chilli :)

Sold my spec b to a guy from Missouri, he flew in to Dayton and I drove up and picked him up at the airport. Did all the money/paper work. Then he asked what's one place you have to eat in Cincinnati, so we went and had lunch at skyline chilli :)

Now thats some subie love.

I didn't look lmao, it fell into my lap.

I had my RSX for sale on a thread at clubrsx.com and the former owner of my specb offered to trade his 08 spec B for my 06 rsx type S.

I had a car crush on legacies already so I was VERY interested and ended up pulling the trigger after a few months of research and inspection of the car lol.

For my 2005 31k miles on it i looked for 1 and a half months and found one in PA 4 hour drive. For my 2006 i found it on this forum in jacksonville florida(3 day drive with a friend and fun stops) from an former member with 17k miles on it. For my 08 spec b i found in boise idaho in a ford dealership for a great price(4 day drive solo) after 1 month of looking with 13k miles on it. You have to definitely look further than your area to find an "ideal" car.

Yes all of them have been buy and drive back to Albany, ny. I feel like the drives back definitely give you a sense of what you bought. Good luck on your search.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived