LegacyGT.com

How long did you look?

jkaszynski

• 3 weeks later...
I went about three months and ended up buying a project LGT that is in be of a shortblock. For me it was better to know exactly where it was at in regards to service and care. Saw a lot of under maintained vehicles...GL w/ your search. Be patient and you'll see the right one.

Oddly enough not long at all, I think about a week from when I decided to check it out to driving one. Waited a week to make an offer, unfortunately they had just sold it earlier that day when I finally did. Took a week from that to find another one for sale. Probably 3 weeks total from when I decided it was the car I wanted to when I purchased one.

I did however spend about 3 months trying to find an automatic WRX before I finally took a co-worker's advice and checked out a LGT.

Oddly enough not long at all, I think about a week from when I decided to check it out to driving one. Waited a week to make an offer, unfortunately they had just sold it earlier that day when I finally did. Took a week from that to find another one for sale. Probably 3 weeks total from when I decided it was the car I wanted to when I purchased one.

I did however spend about 3 months trying to find an automatic WRX before I finally took a co-worker's advice and checked out a LGT.

I know they make AT WRX's but holy crap I've never seen one hahaha. Wonder how it drives... not that I'm expecting something serious..

• 2 weeks later...
It took me 6 months. When you know what you want its gonna take some time unless you're lucky but I haven't won the lottery yet. I have a unique 06 rebuilt Legacy on craigslist in Ventura, CA. Cant miss it if you look. The shipping would probably be around $1,000

It took me 6 months. It seems to be getting harder as the cars get older. There is no new GT so used is the only way to go if want one. Make sure to remove the oil filter in the feed line to the turbo because it can kill the turbo. Subaru issued a service/tech bulletin #02-106-08R that you can Google. Subaru says to replace it but you don't need it so just take it out. Good luck!

Archived