LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This would be all done right now but I'm working all weekend again! :eek:

I have black primer on the front and back and it looks really good. First time ive seen it black. I'll hopefully get it painted tonight and get the emblem on once it sits overnight.

I just read everything on this 16 page thread. I have decide that I WANT ONE!! I know your custom making these awesome looking grills so Whats the time frame to get one?? Any way to get on the waiting list??

I just read everything on this 16 page thread. I have decide that I WANT ONE!! I know your custom making these awesome looking grills so Whats the time frame to get one?? Any way to get on the waiting list??

Sure thing, I'll add you. What I can do is contact you when you're getting close as I move through the list. Honestly we're at right about 30 at the moment. :spin:

Damn that grill looks very good, still not use to the emblem though...something about it is bothering me. It might be I just need to see more pics.

Is the 08-09 emblem the only one that fits or does the 05-07 fit also?

Please post as many pics as you can, different angles and such. I love the quality of this grill but after seeing how large the 08-09 emblem is on the 05-07 grill I want to make sure I will be happy with it. If I have any doubt after you post pics then I'm going to go back with his origonal grill.

Personally, I agree with Screamin. The 08-09 emblem looks a bit too large for the 05-07 grill. I know that it perfectly fits over the base that comes on the crown vic grill but the 05-07 emblem would look better imo. I believe stoplightassasin was able to get the emblem to work with his diy grill with a bit of trimming to the base. Nonetheless, the quality of yours looks damn good.

I hear ya and while it is possible to trim the edges to make the smaller emblem fit, you'll see the trimming from the left and right views. It'd be noticably cut off. Also you'd have to extend the honeycomb pattern in toward the emblem and fabricate all of it. It's a lot to go through and would be tough to make work.

The paint is a "Matte Finish". It had been painted not long before the pics and it was in direct sunlight and there was a flash that went off on the camera. It may tone down over time. Edited by nospmoht04