LegacyGT.com

Custom-made Sport Grill: S402 Replica Walkthrough ('05-'07 Legacy)

nospmoht04

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah peeling was easy for me! I would rather not have to put it in any chemical because then you have to worry about if it will cause the paint to lift later

It's not a problem, I've done this on a few parts now and it works really well. Ferric chloride is one chemical used to etch printed circuit boards. Washes off with soap and water, leaves no residue to mess with your paint, just smooth clean plastic. No scraping, no chance to leave marks on the surface you'd have to sand out. Better living through chemistry.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Really? The OP took my idea and capitalized off of it?

You could at least give me some ******* credit for stealing my design.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-diy-jdm-spec-b-grille-114000.html

If you'd read this thread, you'd see that a) he spent a lot of time/money purchasing and testing different options before b) someone else posted something like "other guys have been using Crown Vic grilles" without giving you your due credit or linking to your thread (in which the pic links are dead btw), so that may have been where he got the idea but why he didn't give you your oh-so-important credit, and c) he's been super open throughout the whole process, posting a how-to, posting pics of the steps in the ones he was building, etc.

He's not making cash hand over fist here either, but rather putting in a ton of effort for others' benefit.

In short, I don't think it makes sense to get all huffy about this when everything about this community is awesomely open.

--

Andy

If you'd read this thread, you'd see that a) he spent a lot of time/money purchasing and testing different options before b) someone else posted something like "other guys have been using Crown Vic grilles" without giving you your due credit or linking to your thread (in which the pic links are dead btw), so that may have been where he got the idea but why he didn't give you your oh-so-important credit, and c) he's been super open throughout the whole process, posting a how-to, posting pics of the steps in the ones he was building, etc.

He's not making cash hand over fist here either, but rather putting in a ton of effort for others' benefit.

In short, I don't think it makes sense to get all huffy about this when everything about this community is awesomely open.

--

Andy

Well Andy,

a. He went through a lot of shitty ideas before he ultimately realized my solution was the best one. :rolleyes:

b. If it's noted its been done before, maybe someone should look into it a bit further?

c. His walkthrough consists of cut out the stock grille (which walkthroughs already exist on this topic), cutout the CV grille, and then cut the CV grille so it fits inside the Legacy grille, glue it all together and so on.. It's exactly what I've told the many people that I've guided in making their grille DIY JDM Spec B grilles via PM. There's no cut off 5/16 here and use 3/4 bondo there. It's all try, try, try again til it all fits.

So thanks for being a concerned citizen Andy.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...