The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They won't fit in the legacy? I fit 3 kids in the back of my extended cab Silverado just fine. Granted two are in boosters now.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm haha. I can barely fit my 9 year old nephew between my kids' car seats in my forester. A Silverado is at least a foot wider than a subaru.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm haha. I can barely fit my 9 year old nephew between my kids' car seats in my forester. A Silverado is at least a foot wider than a subaru.

Just realized his a 98. So those were narrower. But my Silverado is only 6 inches wider than a new gen legacy.

• Moderators
My little dude learned to blow his nose today. That may sound like a trivial function, but anyone with a kid that can't blow his/her nose, understands the frustration!

Not bad for just under 3 yo!

6 months from now he will look at you like you're insane when you tell him to blow his nose--will have zero recollection of what that means or how to do it :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 3 weeks later...

Had a difficult talk with my 20YO this weekend (overall had an amazing weekend with her). I told her she could not have my mother's diamond ring until she is 24-25. I think her BF was going to ask me for the ring over Christmas. I guessed as much and just think they are too young. I want mom's diamond (which is tiny, but just my gal's style) to be my gal's forever ring. Am I wrong?? I really think she is TOO young.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Moderators
Had a difficult talk with my 20YO this weekend (overall had an amazing weekend with her). I told her she could not have my mother's diamond ring until she is 24-25. I think her BF was going to ask me for the ring over Christmas. I guessed as much and just think they are too young. I want mom's diamond (which is tiny, but just my gal's style) to be my gal's forever ring. Am I wrong?? I really think she is TOO young.

You might not be wrong, but there's probably no chance of you being "right" on this one. Can't make the choices for her, can only give her the confidence and knowledge to make the best decisions possible, which I'm pretty sure you've done.

But yes, I got married fairly young and she is too young, lol.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks, both of you. We were kind of young too - 25 & 27 (younger when engaged)... and BMB (and likely JJ) I think we've all done it right (I've got 21 years in). I just worry that at 20, she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life, much less who to do it with. Anyway, I suggested a promise ring if they were that serious. Of course, he had already asked me to order one from work (Pandora), so that's on its way. UGH. Can't we go back to diapers?

My wife was 23 when she married me. I was 31. Still married 22 yrs later, but I know I wasn't ready to get married in my early 20s. I still had too much "me" stuff I wanted to do with my life, like grad school.

My wife's mother was 15 when she married my wife's dad, who was 18. A judge had to give permission for them to marry and they're still married 50+ yrs later.

Depends on the person and their maturity.

Can't we go back to diapers?

Its probably been close to 18yrs since you've had to deal with diapers, but since that time they haven't gotten less smelly [emoji38] but I agree with jase, your ring your rules. If the bf understands, maybe in the (distant) future he'll be lucky enough to call you mom

Depends on the person and their maturity.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was 18 when I married my 17yo wife, and we are still together after 7 years and two kids(both came after marriage). Everyone is different though. We knew what we wanted, but we were both very "mature" for our ages in high school. I would venture to guess that most wouldn't make it through a marriage that starts too young. Not for everybody.