The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took my kids to the Pittsburgh Children's Museum on Saturday. It was fun.

Went up to Clarion for my Niece's cheer competition. Thought I lost my spare set of keys. Turns out they fell under the passenger seat. Derr.

Went to my daughter's Kindermusik thing with my wife this morning. I think I should go again... because mommies. :eek::dm:

No, my wife does not seem to mind. We... talk.... about what we see during the day.. at certain times.... it's been 11 years and we're not bored yet.

Edited by evil03mustang

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Starting our 12 yr old daughter on an anti-depressant. I have resisted this for months, but she cries nearly every day. Migraines for the past year. Hates her new school. Can't dance due to migraines and never sees her friends (she had none at her new school) since they are so overscheduled.

But my wife and I are truly desperate to get our child back to a even a semi-happy place.

Hang in there. We resisted also, too long. Ours started having issues midway through high school (though middle school sucked for her). We kept thinking - it's hormones - it'll even out. Finally at almost 18 she started taking an anti-anxiety med. It wasn't great, but helped some. A year later she changed meds (anxiety & depression). When I followed up with her a couple of months later, asking how she felt, she said 'I feel normal, Mom. For the first time in a long time, I feel normal'. Over a year later, she's still doing great!

JJB, my wife has made the hormones argument, too, but at some point it doesn't matter what the cause is. It just matters how depressed the kid is. My wife a month ago insisted our daughter finish out the 7th grade at this school becz our daughter wasn't crying everyday. I argued that just becz our child did express her sadness everyday, it didn't mean she wasn't feeling it. The wife has seen the darkness.

I know there is no panacea cure for what's going on but I still can't hope but wish for one.

and then they all move out and you have a huge, empty house. empty nest sucks.

at least they still find me out in the wild for dinners, hangouts and trips on occasion. actually, 2 out of 3 i see almost every night. the third acts like a middle schooler and thinks everyone is glad shes gone.

but it is hard to get used to going home and not hearing them in the house at night.

I guess it depends on the relationship. I'm glad to have 15 hours of driving between my mother and I. My sisters have 48 hours and a flight to Hawaii to escape my CT based mother. I lose. :lol:

Here's hoping my daughter doesn't think of me as the crazy old man she has to escape when she gets older. I really don't want to replicate my relationship with my mother with my daughter.

Edited by KartRacerBoy

I guess it depends on the relationship. I'm glad to have 15 hours of driving between my mother and I. My sisters have 48 hours and a flight to Hawaii to escape my CT based mother. I lose. :lol:

Here's hoping my daughter doesn't think of me as the crazy old man she has to escape when she gets older. I really don't want to replicate my relationship with my mother with my daughter.

:lol:

I deleted all the mother jokes I had written here.

:lol:

I deleted all the mother jokes I had written here.

My mother is 84 and just called me to get my SS so she could make me a beneficiary on a new 10 yr annuity she bought. What the hell is she doing buying annuites at 84? Some salesman is making a crapload off my crazy old momther. :lol: