The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 months old... IMO, let them sleep. The little one is growing and probably needs quite a few nappy naps during the day. Baby life is probably really boring too with nothing to do but roll around on your back, crawl, and eat. If you think it's a problem, consult the pediatrician.

• 1 month later...
The habit breaking process that time stopped because he came down with croup and and ear infection at the same time. After all that cleared up he seems to have regulated his own sleep. Now we regularly get 8-9 hours through the night with one 1-1.5 hr nap throughout the day. Edited by jj808

Recommendations for infant car seats that are easy to move from one car to another?

You won't find one. :lol:

j/k.

Most of the rear facing infant seats are pretty much the same. Get 2 bases, one for each car. They stay buckled in and the seat attaches/detaches from them.

Agreed... For the first rear or so, just get the bucket/base system. Chicco Key Fit was our favorite. Most infant car seats, are going to be this style.

As far as moving a car seat from one to another with ease, that's a tough order. Depends on the blend of car vs seat. In addition, it' still not hard to get it in 'right.' Most car seats are too loose, or at the very least, WAY at the (bad) end of the acceptable range.

When you grab our car seats and go to move them side to side, the car moves with them. To do this, you need to be a bit of a contortionist and be ready to pull a muscle. LOL.

Go to someone that is certified to install seats and have them put it in. Then, have them teach you how to do it.

Go to someone that is certified to install seats and have them put it in. Then, have them teach you how to do it.

The local fire stations or police stations around usually have events occasionally or will show you the proper installation if you stop by their stations. But call first.

The local fire stations or police stations around usually have events occasionally or will show you the proper installation if you stop by their stations. But call first.

Yep!

You need a concealed carry permit to buy .22 bullets in CT... But they will just hand you your kid.

:lol:

True. Latch system is almost always present. The angles of the latch points are slightly better, as well as the fact, that you don't have to fight the car seat itself while youre putting it in. It's not night and day, but a bit easier (depending on the car/seat combo).

Tldr - try to get a setup where you're not removing carseats very often.

If you have four cars and three kids, im hoping you can swing the cost for car seats. LOL

But seriously, that's a lot of coin. When he moved to a car seat (from the bucket), it was about $800 - $1000. to put in four car seats.

If you have four cars and three kids, im hoping you can swing the cost for car seats. LOL

But seriously, that's a lot of coin. When he moved to a car seat (from the bucket), it was about $800 - $1000. to put in four car seats.

We are a single family household and car parts aren't cheap. So I have carseats in the 2 DDs and anything else is pit crew seat swaps. It helps now that the older two are in boosters.

My gal comes home for spring break, tomorrow night. Can't wait to see her! Now to have a serious conversation about continuously taking meds. I don't understand how she looks at them (BC & anti-anxiety), takes one but not the other. But acknowledges how much better she feels when taking it regularly. Any suggestions? She has set alarms, has them next to her toothbrush - etc etc. Just chooses not to take it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to find out why she doesn't want to take it. Have a heart to heart.

I have known people that 'feel better' on anti depressant/anxiety meds, but at the same time, don't love the way it makes them feel in other ways. So they're not ecstatic about taking them.

You need to find out why she doesn't want to take it. Have a heart to heart.

I have known people that 'feel better' on anti depressant/anxiety meds, but at the same time, don't love the way it makes them feel in other ways. So they're not ecstatic about taking them.

i agree, one of my best friends daughters is going through this right now too. mebbe a doc visit to see if there are alternate meds that will take away some of the bad parts she doesnt like about them?