The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We go to bed @ 2000 and usually get up at 0515. The 3 yr old wants to go to bed at 1930 but we know if that happens he will be up at ~0400. He does sleep through the night and no accidents in the last 3 weeks! Guess we got it good so far =).

I remember going to bed when it was still light out! As of now, our 14 month old goes down at 730 ish, and is up between 700-830 am. Sometimes, we have to wake him up. He also still takes a 3 hour afternoon nap!

We worked extremely hard to get him on a schedule as early as we could, and it has worked out pretty well. We will obviously have to adjust his sleep schedule a bit as he gets older, but he's going to be in the 730-800 window for many years to come if we have a say in anything.

Our 4yo daughter is in bed about 800pm but our 6mo daughter varies between 7-10pm. But They take naps during the day and I wake them up at 330/400 am during work days to drop them off with grandma. Lately our 6mo isn't sleeping they the night which she did since birth, and the 4yo is hit and miss on successful naps. I'll wake up as much as possible thru the week to take them on if they wake up, so gf can sleep (she is a sleeper, I'm not) until my body can't do it any more.

She was or is. But I think now she's afraid of missing something and might of gotten used tothe getting up at 300/400 with me so I can feed and change and all to her so she sleep for grandma for 2hours until grandma is going to work to drop the kids off at daycare for the gf and I.

Yup, he has had his schedule set since he was 6 months old. Now he actually asks to go to bed ~1930 and gets upset if he get woken up before 0500. His older step brother gets to stay up till 2100 but from 1900 on no TV, no games just reading or playing in his room with his toys. We enforce this when he is here but obviously we cant control him when he is at his dad's place.

This is actually the first time I've been in the general chat sub forum, and this Parenthood thread was right at the top.

It's kind of a funny coinscidence because my daughter was just born this past Monday morning :-) so I can officially post here, lol.

Well it's been going great so far, I can believe how the instinct just kicks in like that. I'm still pretty emotional though, so thinking I'll change the oil on the LGT this week, hahaha.

The lack of sleep has been fine for me so far as I always have a lack of sleep anyways, 5-6 hours pretty much.

Momma and I have already learned to get our naps in when baby does. Baby has been doing that alot this first week, thankfully.

Anyways, enough about that, check this out. I'm gonna order one for her on Monday.

Found it on cafepress.com

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/mikabuc/gt_2012_baby_hat_zps34d8c30f.jpg

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Today was the second day we are snowed in here in Charlotte. It's also my birthday.

Of course both kids were up at the crack of dawn, 6:00 for the almost 4 month old, 6:15 for my 2 1/2 year old, Taylor. Super Mom managed to feed the baby a bottle, put her back to bed, and tell me "sleep in" and that she was going downstairs with Taylor. The baby slept till 9, when wifey and Taylor burst in singing happy birthday. Awesome.

I got to spend the afternoon "working from home", which I defined as playing in the snow with the family and having a few makers mark's and cokes. Nothing beats being snowed in with your family on your birthday :)

I have to say I am a bit proud. My 10 yr old daughter had a research project for school and she is a dancer so she did a project on dance choreogrophy. She is in a ballet company and choreographed a dance and had the older girls (17-18) dance it. The head choreographer (who danced for New York ballet) of the studio liked it so much she's going to use it for the dance recital in the spring.

I gotta say my daughter rocks.

I have to say I am a bit proud. My 10 yr old daughter had a research project for school and she is a dancer so she did a project on dance choreogrophy. She is in a ballet company and choreographed a dance and had the older girls (17-18) dance it. The head choreographer (who danced for New York ballet) of the studio liked it so much she's going to use it for the dance recital in the spring.

I gotta say my daughter rocks.

There is NOTHING like being a proud parent.

Good for her!!!