LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Moderators
Bpppphhhhh. I've had 2 concussions from motorcycle accidents, one from skiing, one from slipping and hitting my head on a marble counter (chipped the countertop, too), and two from racing accidents. And I'm nearly perfectly normal!

Yeah JJ, not to worry--your daughter is likely on her way towards fast becoming an unemployed old grouch potato :lol:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are correct, however I suspect I'm younger than you ;)
There is no need for "I suspect", because "I am" would definitely be correct. :)

And if you need someone there sooner, we're not that far away.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

18YO is on 2nd diagnosed concussion in 2 weeks. On her way to hospital for MRI tomorrow morning WITHOUT ME. I'm not OK with this, but she's 7+ hours away. We've agreed that if anything shows on the MRI I'm walking out of work and heading south. Sorry IAG, but kid comes before car. This is killing me. Every call/text I get, I'm in tears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What happened??

There is no need for "I suspect", because "I am" would definitely be correct. :)

And if you need someone there sooner, we're not that far away.

You are so kind Dale, thank you! She seems to have come a long way in the last 48 hours, so my mom alarm has toned down a bit. What a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ackpphtt! My 10 yr old daughter is staying home today from school. She woke up saying she didn't feel well, headache and stomach ache but no fever. We had a minor war trying to get her to get ready for school, but she just dragged her heels and cried. We thought at one point she was have food sensitivity issues, but now we wonder if it's stress. My wife helped at the class Christmas party and said my daughter seemed left out and isolated. My daughter is sweet but is overly judgmental of her friends, holding them to unrealistic standards (a character trait that is much like her mother's sister). She hates recess at lunch becz she has no one to play with (her asthma is awful in the cold and all the kids want to run around in the snow). She is also a perfectionist in her school work and will work at it until she gets it right. Yesterday school was closed and she spent 6-7 hrs on her research project.

She tells us that everything is ok at school and her teachers have noticed nothing. I'm going to make an appointment to see our family doctor so he can talk to her without us in the room. She loves the doc and maybe she'll tell him things she won't tell us.

After a bit of work, my daughter now says that she does not like going to school. She loves the learning, but feels completely alone at school.

It's strange. As a parent you see your child so differently from the child's peers. She is great with adults, has confidence on stage in theater and ballet, and she gets along well with kids 3-4 yrs older but not with kids her age. I have to say it just breaks my heart. I was a nerd at school, but at least I had a core group of 2-4 friends that stayed with me for many years. And I'm afraid that this is one of those things that parents just can't fix.

That's usually a 'red flag' of sorts - when a child seems to get along really well with adults and older kids/people.

In my encounters, that's usually a child that may be beyond their years a bit, and may not be connecting with their peers as well as they could be.

Not a problem per se, but could make for a bumpy couple of years till her peers mature a bit.

That's usually a 'red flag' of sorts - when a child seems to get along really well with adults and older kids/people.

In my encounters, that's usually a child that may be beyond their years a bit, and may not be connecting with their peers as well as they could be.

Not a problem per se, but could make for a bumpy couple of years till her peers mature a bit.

That's true, but I am afraid she is too judgmental of her friends. They piss her off once or do something she disapproves of (usually it seems to be being cruel to other friends) and she drops them. Is that maturity? I don't know, but I think she needs to learn to be more forgiving. Adults, let alone kids, are not perfect.

KRB, is your daughter an only child?

Im an only child and had similar behaviors, specifically holding friends to somewhat high standards. I never really had a high tolerance for drama and BS because I was always comfortable with the alternative--being alone.

• Moderators
That's true, but I am afraid she is too judgmental of her friends. They piss her off once or do something she disapproves of (usually it seems to be being cruel to other friends) and she drops them. Is that maturity? I don't know, but I think she needs to learn to be more forgiving. Adults, let alone kids, are not perfect.

Sounds very much like my kid. I don't have an answer, but she behaves the same way with 'friends'.

Bitches.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

KRB, is your daughter an only child?

Im an only child and had similar behaviors, specifically holding friends to somewhat high standards. I never really had a high tolerance for drama and BS because I was always comfortable with the alternative--being alone.

Yes she is, and I can see how being an only child would do that. Being beat down by siblings like I was would modify your view of humanity. :lol: