LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT Sedan vs. Lexus GS430 vs. Lincoln LS V8

First of all, I’ll list the mods: Perrin U/P

Perrin D/P

AVO Drop in Air Filter

AVO BPV/BOV

Custom 3” Mid Pipe

Custom 2.5” Y Pipe

Dual 2.5” Magna Flow Mufflers (Straight Flow)

Super Force Mach 3 (“Air Born Fuel Additive”…I assure you this stuff works!)

I encountered the 2006 GS 430 on a local Freeway. I had wanted to see how they perform so I have been on the look out for one, but this guy found me. I was actually interested in the all wheel drive model but if this guy wanted get it on with that 4.3 liter V8 pushing the rear wheels then I was game! On the freeway we were side by side at about 60 and I pulled away with ease. We happened to get off on the same exit and again at a 25-30 mph start I pulled ahead until my rear bumper was clear of his front. We finally got a red light together and he revved on me. Then the Lincoln LS V8 next to him revved up too. The light turned green and we all took off. I made a conservative launch so as not to ruin my drive train. Immediately the Lexus and I were even and ahead of the Lincoln who was close behind. By second gear I was ahead from my front tires forward. The Lincoln was chasing down the Lexus. By third I cleared the Lexus and the Lincoln was even with the Lexus. I hit fourth and pulled even further ahead. The Lincoln overtakes the Lexus by his front wheels forward. By this time I had 1.5-2 car lengths between me and the two $50,000.00 cars behind me so I let off in mid fourth gear. Keep in mind I had just been at wide open throttle, so I finish off the race with a respectable backfire as I decelerated. At the next signal the guy in the Lexus asked all the standard questions:

What kind of car is that?

What engine?

How much?

I answered all his questions and he with much reservation told me he felt silly paying over $50,000.00 for a performance sedan that got beat by a car that has half the cost, displacement, and twice the drive train. The funny part was the guy in the Lincoln shouting the same questions over the Lexus! You gotta love those three lane wide roads! I got the detail of the shift by shift action from my buddy who was following me. (He was following as best he could in a lifted Silverado Z71 4WD with a 5.3 liter!) He also told me as this race was at 10:00 at night that when my car backfired, flames shot out of the muffler tips. I am sure the lack of catalytic converters had something to do with that… hehehe. I’ve convinced him. He’s ready to trade in that bucket of a truck for a “SAAB” 9-2x at the employee family discount price… only $19,000 for a turbo. SOA must have some strong feelings about that considering a comparable (actually carbon copy) WRX wagon is almost $8,000.00 more! Happy hunting fellas! I just convinced an avid GM owner to take the plunge… sort of!

With the BOV, are you on full atmospheric?

I think that, combined with your catless setup and the straight-through can, you're essentially set up for "free anti-lag," and the rich condition from your BOV would be netting the fireball?

My technical knowledge is a bit shady - someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong.... :redface:

---

Great tale, BTW! :) Glad to see that everyone was friendly and askin' questions at the end of the pulls.

Be safe,

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Nice kills BTW.

So I assume that with your "breathing" mods you are prob close to Stage I power without the flash? Maybe 280 flywheel HP? More or less? How do you think you would have fared stock, sounds like it would have been a bit closer at least.

The BOV is AVO's 100% recirculating with a 50/50 option. Last night it was on 50/50. This was most likely a contributor to the rich condition that caused the "fire balls." Cool for once in awhile, but not all the time!

Stock the Lincoln may have chased me down. The Lexus was unimpressive for the price but it was stock. The Lincoln had a catback on it though. I think all of us in stock form would have been close. I failed to mention that was running my airconditioner the whole time as well. I'm not sure about about the other two!

Stock the Lincoln may have chased me down. The Lexus was unimpressive for the price but it was stock. The Lincoln had a catback on it though. I think all of us in stock form would have been close. I failed to mention that was running my airconditioner the whole time as well. I'm not sure about about the other two!

Im pretty sure the A/C shuts off when you get on it, so may as well be comfy while u race :)

Might be a silly question but are you planning to flash up to a stage 2 map? I would guess that you could realize some Serious gains with all the exhaust work you have done...

Maybe it's the 645.00 USD holding you back?

(I know, as I will have to spend about 1 grand just to get to stage 1 here in Canada)

Access Port is most likely the next mod. I'm installing HID conversion kit and PIAA yellow fog bulbs tonight. She is coming along beautifully!

With regard to the other cars being manual... both were automatics.... BOOOOOOO!

I didnt think the Lincolns were that fast. in Motor Trend '03 got 6.8 to 60 and 15 in the 1/4 @ 92. I understand the V8s are great up top but think he may have been modded beyond the catback?

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0305_lsm45/index4.html

Edit: Motor Trend for 06 GS 430, 6.0 to 60, 1/4 in 14.5 @ 95

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0505_risingsun/index3.html

Yah Im bored at work....more research on the LS, supercharged maybe?? Even with a supercharger only 6.2 to 60 and 14.2 1/4?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-82763.html

Their site is under construction, but McLaren Performance Lincoln LS V8

"The special Lincoln is powered by a modified version of the LS's 3.9-liter V-8 engine. MPT bolted on an Eaton supercharger supplied by Magnuson, along with twin intercoolers incorporated. The result is roughly 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Lincoln estimates 0-to-60 mph in 6.2 seconds and the quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds. Teaming with the blown motor is a Tremec six-speed manual transmission—a first in an LS sedan."The special Lincoln is powered by a modified version of the LS's 3.9-liter V-8 engine. MPT bolted on an Eaton supercharger supplied by Magnuson, along with twin intercoolers incorporated. The result is roughly 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. Lincoln estimates 0-to-60 mph in 6.2 seconds and the quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds. Teaming with the blown motor is a Tremec six-speed manual transmission—a first in an LS sedan."

Archived