LegacyGT.com

New Grimmspeed Up Pipe... any thoughts?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the Master Technician at my dealership seems to think that its actually a very good quality piece and worth a try especially for $85. So i'm going to try it. I understand that some cheapie pipes on EBay have problematic flanges and dont really fit right, and if this is one, it won't go on. However there are also quite a few people on this forum that preach brand name just to preach it and novice LGT owners end up paying more for a part merely because of big brother heresay and advertising. Then there are some that just like to chime in because they feel some sort of false acceptance from the forum. I will keep everyone updated and informed, If the part doesnt fit or wears too quickly, then most of you will be granted the opportunity to give me the inevitable "I told you so". Fair enough?

On to the next pieces... i also purchased a CNT cross pipe, WhiteLine front Control Arm bushings inner and outer, WhiteLine trailing arm bushings, and Sway bar bushings. Those will all be here Saturday. I paid $134 for all of the WhiteLine bushings front and rear and $120 for the cross pipe. I also just replaced the 2 front hubs for free, my friends at Detroit Axle owed me a favor. All in all i think i got a pretty good deal. I was going to use Prothane, but they effed up my order, and it was only $10 more to upgrade to WhiteLine which i've read is the top of the line?

Cross-08STI-1-2.jpg.1a0b55fd1833c5211cd9fed808379936.jpg

No. You can't accept your poor decision and have a need to try to prove yourself right when you should have bought a cast used STI up for $50 on NASIOC if bottom dollar was your concern. Read more about cheap Chinese parts on the forum. We don't need you to tell us. Its been widely reported.;)

I mean, f--k it, who cares if the flex fails and takes out your turbo AND your motor. Im sure the "master" tech will warranty it. :lol:

No. You can't accept your poor decision and have a need to try to prove yourself right when you should have bought a cast used STI up for $50 on NASIOC if bottom dollar was your concern. Read more about cheap Chinese parts on the forum. We don't need you to tell us. Its been widely reported.;)

I mean, f--k it, who cares if the flex fails and takes out your turbo AND your motor. Im sure the "master" tech will warranty it. :lol:

The flex pipe looks and feels pretty solid to me. Plus, why wouldn't I want a flex joint as opposed to a solid pipe? With a motor that rocks and rumbles like a flat 4, wouldn't a solid pipes welds be more likely to crack? I've purchased other several "high quality" solid performance headers and exhaust without a flex joint and had them crack under heat and movement. I was also told that CNT made shitty parts when in fact my DP is fantastic. I'm sorry man but an up pipe ruining my turbo and motor? Really? Like I said before , I thought I bought a GrimmSpeed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-nova-oem-and-aftermarket-parts-199685.html?t=199685&highlight=uppipe

Thats $20, you can gut it yourself or gut yours for free or here is a newish 2012 sti, offer him $80 shipped

Otherwise consider calling emailing sales@infamousperformance.net and see if Mike has a used on floating around the shop. If not, most of whats on this forum is currently sold.

Here's one for sale in the PNW section... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wa-fs-sti-up-pipe-202550.html

I'm all for finding good deals and saving money but you should always weigh risk vs. reward. The point in going with a catless UP is to avoid grenading the turbo/engine with fragments. No problems with a quality flex section in an UP, but I assure you that the cheap knockoffs do not build them with a quality flex section. Even Grimmspeed modified their flex section due to failures and for an extra $30 or whatever - that piece of mind is worth the extra coin. If that's out of your budget then go with the STi UP - it is OEM quality without the cat.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-nova-oem-and-aftermarket-parts-199685.html?t=199685&highlight=uppipe

Thats $20, you can gut it yourself or gut yours for free or here is a newish 2012 sti, offer him $80 shipped

Otherwise consider calling emailing sales@infamousperformance.net and see if Mike has a used on floating around the shop. If not, most of whats on this forum is currently sold.

I just sent Mike an email. The only prob is i need this done by Sat so i need the parts now. I originally ordered Prothane bushings from The Autowearhouse, but the retards sent me bushings for an 05 WRX. So that threw us off when we got the car on the lift all apart and realized the bushings were wrong. My fault for not checking, but now here we are and my Leggy is tying up bay space. I might suck it up and get a real GrimmSpeed, but im starting to notice how much people on this forum are against flex pipes?

someone is ahead of you they got to me first but if for some reason it falls through u r second, pm me so i have record of your interest

I found one elsewhere, robitrice sell to him

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

People are antiflex specifically because of experiences with cheap flex sections and failures from more expensive, respected mfr. I run an oem catted up in the OBXT as it is warrantied for 120k miles or 10 years as is all smog equiptment by federal mandate. The LGT is bigger than 20g so I need to be able to move a lot of air.

was sure I saw your 10k HIDs last night, but it was some A-hole in a Civic that didn't retrofit the HIDs correctly. Guess we are even

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived