LegacyGT.com

another gas mileage thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.

Reset the trip meter at the last fill-up. It's at 1/4 down (3/4 full) with only ~35 miles. That would (if correct) put me at 140 miles/tank [8.28 mpg based on full 16.9gal tank). Which would suck (if correct). I do a strictly-city commute. About 3.15 miles each way, 4 trips/day. (To and fro + lunch trip). About 6 stop signs/lights.

The console readout shows 18.5 mpg. I usually hover around 18-22mpg on the dash. And can get it up to 24-25 on a longish road trip (180mi to my parents house and back).

It could be a combination of the misfire problem I had + the fact that I only put 12 gallons in (tank was on E before and full after but I would guess their is some tank capacity beyond E and F that kinda thew off the numbers. I can usually get some miles on a tank beyond E but I filled up right as soon as it hit E this time.).

And also I drive like an asshole sometimes.

My stock 05 5mt gets about 21 around town (mostly country) but has been known to drop to about 15 or so if I spend a lot of time behind the wheel. My wife is easier on the pedal than I am. We recently went on a trip to TN which was about 1k miles round trip and we averaged 29 doing a steady 80-85 no traffic.

How much can you trust the readout that the car gets? I reset mine this weekend and with ~100 miles of mixed city driving it says lk 22.7. I tend to have kind of a lead foot, especially since I just got it.

I have found mine is about 1 mpg over when I do a reset and calculate mileage between fill-ups. I have had my LGT for a year now and sstill have a lead foot! ;)

So.

Reset the trip meter at the last fill-up. It's at 1/4 down (3/4 full) with only ~35 miles. That would (if correct) put me at 140 miles/tank [8.28 mpg based on full 16.9gal tank). Which would suck (if correct). I do a strictly-city commute. About 3.15 miles each way, 4 trips/day. (To and fro + lunch trip). About 6 stop signs/lights.

The console readout shows 18.5 mpg. I usually hover around 18-22mpg on the dash. And can get it up to 24-25 on a longish road trip (180mi to my parents house and back).

It could be a combination of the misfire problem I had + the fact that I only put 12 gallons in (tank was on E before and full after but I would guess their is some tank capacity beyond E and F that kinda thew off the numbers. I can usually get some miles on a tank beyond E but I filled up right as soon as it hit E this time.).

And also I drive like an asshole sometimes.

Damn there got to be something wrong with my car I use to get about 220 miles on a full tank now I'm only getting about 150-160, I know don't have a leak any other idea of what it could be?

Have you guy's had your cars tuned yet ? Most of us get better mpg with a tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I drove about 450 miles this past weekend from Mid-Michigan to the northern lower peninsula and averaged 25.2. It was probably 2/3rd's I-75 at 75mph and 1/3rd super snowy county roads at 30-55mph. This was on a OTS Cobb Stage 2 91 tune.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

when i worked at an audi dealership when i was younger most of the v8 S4s had an avg of 12-14mpg so life could be worse lol

My 86' Ford F150 get's about that...may be that's why it only gets driven less than a 1000 miles a year.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'm tune with Cobb ap

Have you contacted Cobb about the bad mpg ?

When I was on Cobb's tune I got good mpg.

Something is not right.

Or contact my Tuner.

when i worked at an audi dealership when i was younger most of the v8 S4s had an avg of 12-14mpg so life could be worse lol

I'm coming from an E39 M5 and even when I was hard on the car, still got a good 15avg. Driving how I would this Legacy GT right now, I would be up to 19mpg!

Archived