LegacyGT.com

another gas mileage thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So.

Reset the trip meter at the last fill-up. It's at 1/4 down (3/4 full) with only ~35 miles. That would (if correct) put me at 140 miles/tank [8.28 mpg based on full 16.9gal tank). Which would suck (if correct). I do a strictly-city commute. About 3.15 miles each way, 4 trips/day. (To and fro + lunch trip). About 6 stop signs/lights.

The console readout shows 18.5 mpg. I usually hover around 18-22mpg on the dash. And can get it up to 24-25 on a longish road trip (180mi to my parents house and back).

It could be a combination of the misfire problem I had + the fact that I only put 12 gallons in (tank was on E before and full after but I would guess their is some tank capacity beyond E and F that kinda thew off the numbers. I can usually get some miles on a tank beyond E but I filled up right as soon as it hit E this time.).

And also I drive like an asshole sometimes.

So I decided to do a little test:

After the last tank (I think I got 236 miles), I refilled ($55.50 :mad: ) and have tried to drive like a normal human being.

So far, I'm a 1/4 tank in @ 90* miles. That would be 360 miles/tank or just over 21 mpg (16.9 gallon tank, correct?). I'd say that's pretty good for city driving.

The info panel is showing 20.4 mpg which would be very close to accurate but slightly below. From what I've read, usually the panel over-estimates mpg so that's a little weird I would think.

[*It was either 90 or 95. I can't remember. I'm at 100 now and it's just slightly below the line. 95 miles would be 22.5 mpg.]

Wow, I'd love to have your guys' mileage. I'm stage 1 Cobb AP tuned, all stock. Sitting around 12-14 average. Not a whole lot of highway miles, either. :/

Keep your foot out of it...

These cars like highway driving. You really should do it more.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, I put 15.819 gallons in the tank yesterday, 372 miles.

That's with 4 day's of the 1 mile trip to the mountain from the house in VT.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, I put 15.819 gallons in the tank yesterday, 372 miles.

That's with 4 day's of the 1 mile trip to the mountain from the house in VT.

you drive till your gas light comes on? how do you put in 16gal most mine took was 13 or close to 14 gal:confused:

Archived