LegacyGT.com

Bought a Miata

I couldn't fit that anywhere near my home. I am in what looks like the center of a court. almost zero curb on both sides. And, I have a two car driveway.

Nice win!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks!

It's a tight fit... With the trailer in position in the driveway, and the truck hooked up, the truck's front bumper is about at the edge of the opposite side of the street... :eek:

Getting it backed in for the first time was entertaining... :lol:

So.... less than 24hrs to turn it into a storage shed... :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/RAM3500/DSC_1917_zps5adegyys.jpg

Not before a test fit, though. Plan from the beginning was to be able to transport a bike and car, and still have room for a small workbench in front. Mission accomplished. :cool:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/RAM3500/DSC_1908_zpsag2ojaqc.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/RAM3500/DSC_1909_zps9ux9wgzm.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/RAM3500/DSC_1911_zpsx0sy44o2.jpg

Shit. That's a little bigger than my kart trailer.

And my neighborhood covenants won't let you store a trailer on your property unless it's in a garage. My neighbor collected Packards. Had 17 of them and all were stored in a warehouse. They were 1930s-50s cars and so huge they wouldn't fit in his garage anyway. He was a cardiac surgeon and built a 8,000 sq ft house but the detached garage for his Packards was 2,000 sq ft bigger. Nice to be smart and have money.

On another note, got my water pump, timing belt, happy meal and new timing wheel in.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/VVT%20swap/DSC_1919_zpsrc9wmsaf.jpg

I'm held up waiting for a block off kit for the stock water neck... can't put the cam gears back on until I get the block off installed, and can't do anything else with the motor 'till the cam gears are back on. Should be in next week. If not, I'm just going to DIY it...

In the meantime, I wrinkle painted the VC today...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/VVT%20swap/DSC_1918_zpsmyopyz0u.jpg

No HOA here... F*ck that chit. ;)

I'd love to have room for a big shop. I do plan to build one ~24x32 someday, though buying the trailer put that off for a couple more years.

Shop. :lol:

Not at my ex-neighbor's level. Bar. Kitchen. Living room. Bathroom (with a bidet becz, you know, who can wrench on a Packard with dingleberries?). Pristine floors. Two lifts.

And the guy was as good with fixing cars as he was with hearts. And on top of that he wasn't one of those arrogant prick doctors. Nice as hell. He never could've been a lawyer with for shit attitude.

This is soon becoming rodan's Miata build list...rotfl.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

The EPA is coming after Motorsports!!!

Please Read and Sign the Petition at the link below if you value your hobby & your vehicles!

If you're not aware of this already the EPA is trying to sneak in new laws that will prohibit the conversion of production vehicles into race cars. This affects all forms of racing and could serioulsy impact the motorsports industry and all of our experiences on a race track.

Off road, drag, road race, motorcycles, circle track, shop owners, parts suppliers, etc. Everyone will be affected!

1 minute (or less) of your time is needed to sign this on-line petition. It's so very important as it will stop the over-reach of the EPA to ban the conversion of any street legal vehicle into any form of race or recreational only vehicle.

If allowed to pass in it's current form this bill will lead to the outlawing of many forms of motorsports and recreational vehicles of all types. (AND... prohibit the sale of modified vehicles!)

This is the link to the Whitehouse petition page which you need to sign now. Click on the link now and let's stop this nonsense!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/tell-epa-withdraw-its-proposal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0

SEMA represents the aftermarket car industry and you can read their summary of the situation below. 1 minute is all we ask of you to help preserve our sport! Please forward this to anyone you know in the industry and anyone who races motor vehicles.

EPA Seeks to Prohibit Conversion of Vehicles into Racecars

SEMA To Oppose Action As Threat to Modified Racecars and Parts Suppliers

Washington, DC (February 8, 2016) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed a regulation to prohibit conversion of vehicles originally designed for on-road use into racecars. The regulation would also make the sale of certain products for use on such vehicles illegal. The proposed regulation was contained within a non-related proposed regulation entitled "Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles—Phase 2."

The regulation would impact all vehicle types, including the sports cars, sedans and hatch-backs commonly converted strictly for use at the track. While the Clean Air Act prohibits certain modifications to motor vehicles, it is clear that vehicles built or modified for racing, and not used on the streets, are not the "motor vehicles" that Congress intended to regulate.

"This proposed regulation represents overreaching by the agency, runs contrary to the law and defies decades of racing activity where EPA has acknowledged and allowed conversion of vehicles," said SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting. "Congress did not intend the original Clean Air Act to extend to vehicles modified for racing and has re-enforced that intent on more than one occasion."

SEMA submitted comments in opposition to the regulation and met with the EPA to confirm the agency’s intentions. The EPA indicated that the regulation would prohibit conversion of vehicles into racecars and make the sale of certain emissions-related parts for use on converted vehicles illegal. Working with other affected organizations, including those representing legions of professional and hobbyist racers and fans, SEMA will continue to oppose the regulation through the administrative process and will seek congressional support and judicial intervention as necessary.

The EPA has indicated it expects to publish final regulations by July 2016.

About SEMA

SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $36 billion specialty automotive industry of 6,633 member-companies. It is the authoritative source for research, data, trends and market growth information for the specialty auto parts industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. For more information, contact SEMA at 1575 S. Valley Vista Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765, tel: 909-610-2030, or visit www.sema.org.

Still waiting on parts to get the timing belt on, but making incremental progress...

This will by no means be a show car, but I am doing a few things to make it look nice. Finished the detail on the cam cover.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Miata/VVT%20swap/DSC_1924_zpsjhhjgrvn.jpg

Also ran into a snag... the outlet on the new water pump for the mixing manifold is rectangular, but the manifold is round. Gotta do some checking...

Nice! Did you get that from the MT.net guy? Looked like a pretty good deal since you were local...

I sat in one and liked it a lot, just couldn't stomach the retail for a non-certified seat...

Definitely one of the best bolt in options for a street car.

Nice! Did you get that from the MT.net guy? Looked like a pretty good deal since you were local...

I sat in one and liked it a lot, just couldn't stomach the retail for a non-certified seat...

Definitely one of the best bolt in options for a street car.

Yep picked up the seat and the comp motor mounts for $640 and he delivered them to my house. Yes its a little steep for non certified seats for a casual track day car like me its going to be fine. Just have to pull out the stock seat and drop this in :D

For some of the pricing I was seeing for some of the less hard core seats + sliders I was still pretty happy with the price

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight