LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-2 (CLOSED)

SBT

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a spectacular moose rack, and for that very reason I would've found a lesser beast to shoot.

Interestingly places like Colorado have trophy animal laws which prohibit shooting them.

Winning the internet

That's a stupid law. I bet at least one TGIF's or Applebees has a deer head mounted on the wall sporting a birthday cone hat and some kind of garnish hanging from its antlers

If you eliminate the biggest and the strongest from the population, the population naturally gets smaller and weaker. So to me, it's not stupid. It's conservation.

If you eliminate the biggest and the strongest from the population, the population naturally gets smaller and weaker. So to me, it's not stupid. It's conservation.

thats if you remove it before procreation. if its offspring live on, the herd is still strong. any moose with that much of a rack is not going to be a young one, or ignored for breeding that long. just sayin.

thats if you remove it before procreation. if its offspring live on, the herd is still strong. any moose with that much of a rack is not going to be a young one, or ignored for breeding that long. just sayin.

Perhaps you're right, but don't moose shed their antlers? Do the antlers get continually bigger as the animal ages? Me not know.

Whatever. I could never have shot an animal that magnificent, but I gave up big game hunting when I shot my first bird with a BB gun, and realized I'd killed something for absolutely no reason. One sparrow isn't much of a meal.

Learned from a forestry friend of mine that there are some long lived pines that have seeds that don't germinate until there is a fire of sufficient heat to do so. On the other hand, there are also pines that won't germinate seeds until it is sufficiently cold to do so.

Archived