LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

Just bought my first subaru, a 2007 legacy 2.5i w/sport package with 180k on the odometer. Car is bone stock and mint. Zero rust, which is awesome considering I live in upstate NY and car spent it's life there.

Already put about 1.5k on it in a month (I drive a lot) and it is going fine. When I bought the car I did an oil change with mobile 1. Going to replace the timing belt soon, as well as water pump. Only minor issue is the exhaust seems a little noisy, but nothing troublesome.

250k miles '06 OBXT 5EAT Ltd

I've posted here before for prior replacement/pm work. Since then, rebuilt Turbo, wastegate slipped out and not allowing boost. I put on a used hot side and while in there replaced the CHRA. But, at 250k miles, the OE CHRA was still good - very little shaft play. I change my oil every 3k mi.

Also, changed the drive shaft - had the rear u-joint go. I was having vibration as speed picked up. It had stiffened - could see red dust around it once I got it out. There's a thread here on changing drive shaft, followed it - simple - 4 bolts on rear and 2 on center bearing. After I changed it and drove it a week - I could smell burning oil. Found a very small drip of trans fluid out the rear tailpiece around the new shaft dropping on the exhaust. Pulled the shaft again, pulled out the seal, tapped new one in, etc. All working great.

Decided to treat my car and changed the front and rear diff fluids, changed the trans fluid. Good write-ups in the forums on both. Note the trans fluid change by pulling off the return line from the cooler worked great.

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

So, increasing tire hum over the past 2500 mi. Had WL ALK installed in July. Dunlop winter 3D tires are from 2006, however...could the stock struts be the culprit? Any good way to tell?

I'd say it's the 8 year old winter tires. They need changing anyway, may as well rule them out first.

Thanks. My 3 season tires (Contis) are on my stock rims and ready to slap on and get another alignment just to ensure things are still OK with the WL LCAs.

anybody have any suggestions on hp levels to try and stay under on a "higher mileage" car. i have 120k and getting ready to do a turbo swap looking to be in the 3's even if just barely. who is running something like this with higher mileage?

anybody have any suggestions on hp levels to try and stay under on a "higher mileage" car. i have 120k and getting ready to do a turbo swap looking to be in the 3's even if just barely. who is running something like this with higher mileage?

I'd suggest swapping that turbo for some sort of flux capacitor/jet engine combination, if you want to get in the 3's :lol:

It all depends on the condition of your car. You could have a compression test and leakdown test done, and send a used oil sample to Blackstone Labs for analysis, and those all provide a sort of health check-up.

Do you have any mods now?

I bought my LGT at 125k, fresh off repair from a headgasket failure. Original owner traded it in on a new car at ~123k when the HGs failed. One of the techs at the dealership bought it and repaired it. While he was in there, he replaced the piston rings, lapped the valves/new valve cover gaskets, etc.

Car has 139k on it now - I've had it for almost a year. Doesn't burn any oil between 3750k mile changes, and pulls hard on a stage 1 e-tune. I'll be stage 2 in a couple months. I'm not worried about my car being able to handle it, and if I felt like spending more money, I'm confident it could handle a mild turbo upgrade.

Here's a list of 1/4 miles times, a few people hit 13s with Stage 1, one guy even did 13.989 stock:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-fastest-legacy-thread-1-4-and-1-8-184089.html

Yeh I am absolutely ditching the stock turbo, lol. I already have it set up to stage2 ots map, needs more power. The car is in great shape, doesnt burn oil, doesnt smoke, runs great as is but needs more power. I do plan on doing the timing belt soon before or after turbo/intercooler/injectors/pump upgrade. Most likely before though. Just anxious to get more power.

More power!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a 2005 LGT Ltd Wagon 5sp in ABP with 201k on it. Original motor, original turbo. Maintenance I was told was done by previous owner: clutch, wheel bearings, brakes, CV axles, timing belt, driver door windows motor.

Immediate needs: front brakes, injector cleaning

Gonna get this one straightened out and put it up for sale.

Also have a 2005 LGT Ltd in SWP with 5sp with 137k which is my DD and I plan on running this car well over 200k.

Edited by Soarer

• 4 weeks later...

192k The 06 LGT is in the garage (my garage) Low Beams are not working. The filament in Driver's Side is broke. The filament on the PS looks in tact. I clamped up some direct current, the PS doesnt work.

In the last 2000 miles, I have learned not to overfill the bottle with coolant. I was thinking it was using coolant, but not, it was overfilled.

I have also learned the shaved 5 spoke wheels are impossible to find. They are definitely a weak point with all the potholes in NJ and PA. Replaced 3 this winter. Two of the fancy CONTI's developed bubbles in the sidewalls.

In the meantime the rust spot on the inside of the driver's door has gotten worse. I am going to sand it, and brush on epoxy primer, and silver enamel. nothing fancy.

I predict another 20k in this car before it becomes too much to repair.

Thanks. My 3 season tires (Contis) are on my stock rims and ready to slap on and get another alignment just to ensure things are still OK with the WL LCAs.

Turned out to be the front driver's side bearing, though I also replaced the driver's side rear as there was noticeable play... that's 3/4 wheel bearings in ~5 years (rear, rear, and front). So, of course I got another front for when the passenger side goes...

Got 207,XXX on my 2005 sedan.

All I have had to do so far, knock on wood, is one O2 sensor and both rear wheel bearings. Thats it.

*i have a non-turbo, but figured ya'll would appreciate the mileage and reliability good news*

Bought it at 84k two years ago, just about to roll over 115k now. She got a new timing belt immediately when I brought her back as there was a cut on the original one. Got the infamous throwout bearing chirp shortly after that.

I attributed that $1.5k worth of repairs to bad luck. The rotors, axles, wheel bearings, and two turbos I've had to replace are probably just because I'm a bad person.

• 2 weeks later...