LegacyGT.com

What did U do 2 ya Legacy 2day?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Wednesday I went to Town Fair Tire in my home town and went for a set of tires. Make a long story short, something happened to my car during the process and they did something to my brakes . Mind you town fair tire is a tire place not a brake place. So now they're $472 in the whole for damaging my car, not to mention they had to replace the studs they damaged. Tuesday I go to the body shop about the damage I recieved in my accident on August 8th. Looking forward to my car getting fixed and back on the road.

Replaced the broken rear windshield wiper motor and went with the much more modern looking Honda Odyssey rear wiper arm. Everything fit and works perfectly now... and just in time for some rain to test it all out in. :icon_tong

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/w2n06/20151003_151745_zpsgpjd8mb8.jpg

I replaced my passenger side outer CV axle boot today. I went with a Beck/Arnley boot from rockauto.com. I didn't want to risk buying a whole aftermarket axle.

I learned that when doing the outer boot, the entire axle does not need to be removed from the car. You just need to hammer out the "wheel side" axle end. It's held in with a circlip that you can't see. A large hammer and a good whack takes it right off. That saves a lot of time so you don't have to mess with knocking out the small pin in the axle stub near the transmission.

I also did an oil change and I'm trying 0W40 M1 for this upcoming winter. I do a lot of very cold starts.

Just got my car back from the mechanic from Town Fair Tires **** up. I will never recommend anyone going there for tires. Besides getting 4 brand new tires , I also had my rear brakes replaced , studs , and emergency brake cable . Basically a whole new rear brake job.. Never go to town fair tire !

Just bought a couple gallons of Fluid Film and a spray gun. Hopefully I can keep my car's undercarriage pristine through are overly salty winter.

I painted everything in the underside of mine with POR15 haven't been through a winter yet but it seems like good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
THE 99 SUS: Just gave it "our" first oil change, we got the car in June, have put about 3K on it since. Pennzoil Plat/DS Synthetic 5-30 mixed w/ 2Qts of High Mileage 5-30 synthetic from another oil change w/ Mobil 1 filter. Gave the engine bay a mini detail & adjusted the hand E-brake. Couldn't really get a good angle underneath to adjust the rear E-brake drums & I think a brake spoon would make it easier too.

THE 99 SUS: Just gave it "our" first oil change, we got the car in June, have put about 3K on it since. Pennzoil Plat/DS Synthetic 5-30 mixed w/ 2Qts of High Mileage 5-30 synthetic from another oil change w/ Mobil 1 filter. Gave the engine bay a mini detail & adjusted the hand E-brake. Couldn't really get a good angle underneath to adjust the rear E-brake drums & I think a brake spoon would make it easier too.

Is it bad mixing oils ? I need to do a oil change on my legacy next week just wondering what's the best oil to put in her .

Is it bad mixing oils ? I need to do a oil change on my legacy next week just wondering what's the best oil to put in her .

Theoretically you can mix 45 different oils together. I know people that get really cold winters mix 2qt of 0-30 with 2qts of 5-30 for winter. Mix weights within the same brand should be fine. I'm just iffy about mixing different brands. I don't know if that has any chemical effect on the oil because of the different additives each company ueses but I wouldn't play garage chemist.

Theoretically you can mix 45 different oils together. I know people that get really cold winters mix 2qt of 0-30 with 2qts of 5-30 for winter. Mix weights within the same brand should be fine. I'm just iffy about mixing different brands. I don't know if that has any chemical effect on the oil because of the different additives each company ueses but I wouldn't play garage chemist.

I totally understand that lol . Thank you much , I need to do a oil change on my wagon next week , up here in Connecticut we get pretty bad winters but I believe I should be fine . Just trying to figure out what's the best type of oil I should use . Synthetic and high mileage oils .

I totally understand that lol . Thank you much , I need to do a oil change on my wagon next week , up here in Connecticut we get pretty bad winters but I believe I should be fine . Just trying to figure out what's the best type of oil I should use . Synthetic and high mileage oils .

I don't really try to "over-think" the oil issue, The info here is really pretty solid, so I just use the same API service codes or better. My mixing is strictly based on what I have. I might use/mix something else to top off when close to the next oil change, besides this H4 has some miles and is not a turbo or performance engine, so I feel safe with my "chemistry". The discussions here on oil are very broad and informative and gives you good options that have been used successfully in a lot of "enthusiastically" driven Barus.

Didn't do anything to my legacy but I finally got around to doing some exhaust clips

https://vimeo.com/144315174 The voice at the beginning is my brother. I let him rev it

https://vimeo.com/144316252 She's slow but I have plans for that

https://vimeo.com/144316392 And a drive by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet video bro sounds good .

Received a set of used STi square motor mounts and brackets to replace my leaking oil filled pancake mounts.

Also received a trunk spoiler (00-04 Legacy sedan) pulled from junkyard. I can't find a template for it though, so it looks like it will be a little harder to get prefect.

Received a set of used STi square motor mounts and brackets to replace my leaking oil filled pancake mounts.

Also received a trunk spoiler (00-04 Legacy sedan) pulled from junkyard. I can't find a template for it though, so it looks like it will be a little harder to get prefect.

I have the template ready to print in a .doc file. I'll upload it when I get to my home! You can see the template I used a few post back in this post.

Archived