LegacyGT.com

What did U do 2 ya Legacy 2day?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked on eliminating some rattles on the dashbord, just removed a couple of panels on driver side and put silicone before reinstalling them. I found out that some clips were missing on the rear gate just under the center brake light assembly. Put clips and everything is OK.

I also went to a srapyard to get four assist handles (on the roof) that are still solid. Mine were making a very boring noise at the smallest vibration. I discover the plastic adapters were cracked. I simply swapped them and solve the problem.

For wagon owners, if you hear a noise from the rear seat, lubricate the lock system. There is a good chance that it works. After 2 years of searching :redface:, I apply some WD-40 and it is now so quiet :)

I'm now waiting to get an interior door panel with the right clothing...

I built a fire pit in my backyard out of river rocks that I drove my LGT down to the river side to collect. :-)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/w2n06/20150526_134259_zps4lq8u4ya.jpg

What lip is that?

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on how you use the car.

Lowering is absolutely useless for daily driving. It's a different story when you want to play on the track ;).

In my case, I had 15" steel wheels when I bought the Leggy in 2001. Going to 17" was an upgrade to get more grip. You may also want to have lighter wheels to get a more comfort and/or performance without changing the tires. For example, these BRZ OEM wheels weight about 4.2 pounds less than those from the 2008 Forester XT of my previous set.

For the exhaust, I change it only if I need to. In my case, it was necessary for the swap :icon_twis.

What I did was wheels/tires first. Second, suspension. Third, brakes and finally, engine swap.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop onto this thread and say hello. Recently bought a 2000 legacy L that needs a lot of work. I already own a '10LGT but this third gen is new stuff for me. Tonight I'll be starting the install of all new calipers rotors and pads. Going to replace the battery and spark plugs and put a new A/C belt on because mine was snapped. Just looking for any helpful info with the 3rd gens anyone can bestow apon me. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
It fit in perfectly fine ? Are most Subaru parts transferable ?

It should fit bolt on.

When you want to put an Outback front bumper, it's a different story. You also have to get the Outback bumper beam, brackets and absorber. You might have to change both inner fenders s as well, but I'm not sure...

Back to topic

I tightenned all hoses that I can. After a swap, it's the kind of thing you have to check ...

Replaced a cracked tie rod bellow, new valve cover gaskets, and adjusted the valves.

Sadly, adjusting the valves did not improve the valve noise.

I adjusted mine to the oem spec and they were quieter for about 1000 or so miles, resided that its just got a lot of valve noise inherently. ill just do regular maintenance and itll be just fine.

Archived