LegacyGT.com

So what's your backpacking style?

SBT

Fox - To load photos, are you using the site's embed feature insertimage.gif or the site's load attach.giffeature?

Copy the URL of the photo you want to embed, and click the insertimage.gif icon. Paste the URL and click OK

Click the attach.gificon and the scroll down to load from URL. Paste your photo URL in one of the two available boxes, and Click the Load button.

The embed feature works as long as the link is working. If the link breaks, the photo goes dead on the site. The load feature copies the photo to the site's server and it remains whether the link is broken or not.

The full how-to is on the home page.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fox - To load photos, are you using the site's embed feature insertimage.gif or the site's load attach.giffeature?

Copy the URL of the photo you want to embed, and click the insertimage.gif icon. Paste the URL and click OK

Click the attach.gificon and the scroll down to load from URL. Paste your photo URL in one of the two available boxes, and Click the Load button.

The embed feature works as long as the link is working. If the link breaks, the photo goes dead on the site. The load feature copies the photo to the site's server and it remains whether the link is broken or not.

The full how-to is on the home page.

Thanks SBT. I've been using the embed feature, following the instructions in the how-to. I'm pretty sure the problem is with Google Photos. There's some weird thing going on where some forums/websites won't display embedded photos that have URLs generated by Google Photos. I've tried every workaround I'm aware of to modify the URLs to play nice, but still it doesn't work sometimes.

I'll see if loading them onto the site server works, but I suspect its still an access/permission issue with Google Photos and the URLs it generates. FWIW the previews always looks fine - photos show up for me.

If you have any other suggestions or insights, I'm all ears!

Nice pic. Loaded perfectly and clicking on it blows it up to full-size.

Anxious to get back out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Dinkey Lakes Wilderness was awesome! Excellent weather, not too many bugs, and mostly great company made for a very enjoyable long weekend.

E6Ihckx0AtBmPTUCkoJxaNLpTFsraHBP0VRqf-VZzISwC7DPMf-P479cZ8tyDgq7KOMv-Lpo2tCdxa-uOk_mT_or5v9VRR7g.thumb.jpg.f1481467e3bc227b90aa83b5d812276c.jpg

YZozHITrTMetcsztOg_HLNdH4t0YrUQTrZhICmM5ISyQvKa0vLsfAWPuvBGV-Wqa99NxqQD1UChI4ruiC6Uw0AK3Sv3J6THp.thumb.jpg.86959d783ce4222d73b42a7df57a6b2c.jpg

Y3tnyXVcT8oOuhD9BM9-0ngVbxnLrm0CNvsqnGa4zBULzQDNCLF7DYCTdpGBp7188pth8T_sRXKv_FdM4wyE4BOY7_vNl9YO.thumb.jpg.d4424ec939d00897c690da3afffb9aff.jpg

0cQcYE_NoWGdiVnDMW0o6VFf1x4ncMGmyaURb0tXSFfmnX07EEc1EywqAqkOg2wmQshCctQikqw5RyF36YJJkW462YuQrjWU.thumb.jpg.f17ec9a7d396e47a9382fd366193a92f.jpg

JQWX7Eg2d3faaujkEIdE97MRv61JJKvSZGyXLvdO0YV3RSHeFji7VjbgYsdd2tfNIodPFkA1K3IcxK4YmekVoPmowSYYGSZc.thumb.jpg.d35dfc7c361ca64e132713fa60a027ee.jpg

I got a new toy to play with on this trip - a Mountainsmith Slingback chair. I was very skeptical of this thing at first, but after watching a few videos and having a few ideas I took the $25 plunge and grabbed one before this trip. Summary: It's awesome! And not nearly as fiddly as I thought it might be. Surprisingly comfy, stable, and versatile.

I added a couple of guy lines. One at the front, around the clip. I ran this out to a stake in front of my feet to keep the chair from sliding back too much. The other one I wrapped around where the poles cross, and tied to a small rock at the other end. This acted as kind of a counterbalance, and prevented the chair from falling over when it wasn't occupied.

ZfwmJ2xH3AOcZA3bCEbjP0IoOhJPpLqSgP5wp_pKWQdKZdqPYvABunS0wQE1NFMwZAyLTv7rhoDIRnvVAu_YOxAehWZSG1iY.thumb.jpg.2486d708145ea6991ae4c77c4dd86fa8.jpg

I also figured out that you can extend your trekking poles, and put the chair seat up on rocks, logs, etc. for a full-on lounge chair experience. :cool:

Nmt4ZoBnz35xdDQyhSedj5mzv8XneTtOqH9QtGVMaNttkqewzq5c7nd_9SX-WNh2uo6rFH2W4Sm6aXVaMmEO8wBjGZmYXR2O.thumb.jpg.3dd4ded50ad2ea3b6a9b1cd8866d91c8.jpg

The group caught a few trout as well, which was lots of fun. And tasty.

Good times all around.

DhwG5E2-w9aTbrktaW3eTxBUVC2JITm8mO5AshbPwQ3Knxj-aQeHBHWJudrer6wizddyZctW7CcCb7oYzuDNW3S4HsDrnGPh.thumb.jpg.e6b94787e2a75cddf363e44f92f48257.jpg

That pond/small lake looked like it was ripe for fishing. Given the winter, I'd expect the fish were biting, hard. Beautiful location.

Thanks for the tip on the chair. May check that out.

We camped at Island Lake. Ripe for fishing, indeed! Those trout are HUNGRY and will go for just about anything, a few times. Gotta keep swapping out tackle to keep them from getting wise to your game. :)

I use a spinning reel with a torpedo bobber and various flys. It has worked very well for High Sierra lakes and streams. About 5oz for the whole fishing kit.

That looks so relaxing. I remember swimming the length of Bit Trout Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park. Cold, spring-fed water.

It's also the lake where a rogue wave in high winds slapped my canoe paddle back and up into my glasses (just purchased before this trip) knocking them off and over the side. We always joke that there's a "big trout" somewhere in that lake wearing someone else's glasses.

Archived