LegacyGT.com

Spec B or GT

So the search continues.

Thus far i have found two 2007 spec B.

Both are un modded one has 64000 miles two owners clean title best deal i can seem to get is $17000.

The second has 90000 miles clean title and is $15800

There is also a 2008 with 64000 miles but $18500.

There are numerous 2005 to 2007 GT Limited available in manual 5spd trannies and varying mileage.

These cars are substantiallly cheaper from $9000 to about $13000.

Tough decision here I am struggling with spending the extra money to step up to the Spec B.

It does appear that regardless the 2007 years offer a couple more electronics with aux inputs etc, but really you can buy and install a nice stereo/nav system for $1000?

Further guidance is needed from you Legacy guru's , Im new to this game (no kid lol) and a smart buy is needed here.

Thanks Again

SouthWestern BC

I am willing to have a vehicle shipped in fact that is going to be reality as there are none available around here

I'm assuming the Spec Bs you found are U.S. cars? I started shopping for mine back in November, and at the time there were only three Spec Bs to be found in the classifieds anywhere in B.C. Two of those were U.S. imports. The 6-speed was the main draw of the Spec B for me, but I was really torn between that and getting a wagon. I ended up getting an LGT mainly because I didn't want a U.S. car.

Hey Scotsman, I have an 06 Spec B with 114k. Original owner and taken care of. Some dings, but in very good condition and the major services done. I am considering selling. But only for the right price. Not saying I need to get rich off of it, but Ive put decent money in service. Just put in a new clutch. Im located in PA. Not positive I want to sell, but I made a purchase on another car and now the Spec B is a second car. Was planning on keeping it to share my driving between the two.

So i have found a local 07 Gt ltd with 29000 km!

The car is essentially brand new, the downside is it is an auto and not the spec b i am really hoping for.Considering the price of 17OOO bucks out the door it seems priced right.

For once i think i will make the smart financial decision and pull the trigger in this , Im really thinking i could drive it for a year or two and search for that perfect spec b as i do.

Thoughts?

Hey Arcteryx yup all were U.S. cars that seems to b reality. I also found an 08 Spec B at a dealer in Oregon with 86000 miles on it, by the time i get it back here it will be over 21000 bucks, considering just how low the mileage is on the local 07 LGT i just dont reallt think i can go too far wrong.

So i have found a local 07 Gt ltd with 29000 km!

The car is essentially brand new, the downside is it is an auto and not the spec b i am really hoping for.Considering the price of 17OOO bucks out the door it seems priced right.

For once i think i will make the smart financial decision and pull the trigger in this , Im really thinking i could drive it for a year or two and search for that perfect spec b as i do.

Thoughts?

Ask for service records. In 9 cases out of 10 a 29000km-car that is 6-7 years old will have it's oil changed once a year, which can't be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it , bought the 07' with 29840 kms.

Not the car i was looking for its an auto.. but geez just couldnt pass up on essentially a brand new car.

Gonna add a Cobb, Downpipe ,and exhaust asap maybe that will help.

Still gonna search for that Spec B that is out there somewhere, figure I can swap over these parts when i do find it.

Thanks for all the help

Archived