LegacyGT.com

2014 Forester announced. 2.0l Turbo, DI, 250hp. Next STi?

m sprank

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more excited that Subaru is sticking with a performance offering and not turning into Toyota.

Rather than worry about the "what ifs" and "whys" (and try to convince myself I somehow know more than the engineers at Subaru or that they should directly respond to my personal inquiries) I am waiting to actually drive one and get my hands dirty under the hood.

Know it better fits the SUV category now (gone are the days of the "Cute Ute"), and the shapes somewhat remains true to the Forester lineage, but the front/rear treatment leaves me meh-ing. Might be better in person, but the photos make it look so-so.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subaru engineers typically over-engineer everything which makes me more confident in their solution

Really? They didn't over-engineer my valves and instead cheapened out by making them too thin to dissipate heat well.

I like Subarus but with their current marketing/design decisions and the fact that the bean counters get too much say in engine design makes me somewhat less interested in what they're putting out these days.

Really? They didn't over-engineer my valves and instead cheapened out by making them too thin to dissipate heat well.

Really -for completely stock operation? Mine seem to be fine, even at Stage 2+ levels for 70K miles.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

For my part I certainly would take a look at it when it comes out - and also compare it with the Outback.

Any news on which colors you may get them in or will they have same colors as they have now?

The deal for me would be the diesel with CVT.

453747.png

Interesting... I believe this is the first example of the DI 2.0T. Any expectations on performance numbers (0-60, 1/4 etc?) I would be interested to see where the torque curve is as well.

I thought I read somewhere that the legacy had big issues with the turbo being underneath. Any truth to this? Lastly, do we know which turbo they are using for this?

I thought I read somewhere that the legacy had big issues with the turbo being underneath. Any truth to this?

No.

You didn't hear? Every 2010-2012 LGT has blown its turbo, the threads about this are rampant!

I read somewhere that people often make completely baseless claims because they "read something somewhere".

:rolleyes:

Archived