LegacyGT.com

E85 here I come

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got it done, all pulls were around 330whp but what surprised me was, I am making power to red line, yes, peak power is at like 6k with the vf52 on e85. Will post the sheet when he emails it to me

DC about the WHP.

How much YUMMY PEAK WTQ are you making? Mmmm, e85 goodness.

Still waiting for the graph but upgrades are vf52, Invidia Up and Dp, perrin top mount, tgv delete, 800cc injectors, dw200 fuel pump, colder plugs, competition stage 2 clutch and flywheel and 3 inch exhaust.

I think torque was about the same 330, maybe 340 or so, seems a bit low, must just be my car but that's ok, as the clutch is only rated at about 360ft/lbs max

I am done with upgrades, just one last thing. 1/4 mile run this April, hoping for mid-high 12s at around 110mph.

One last thing this was all 4th gear pulls, so not sure if 3rd gear would of netted more hp/tq but 4th is what it should be as that's the closest to 1:1(0.972)4th, (1.296)3rd

Okay so I crushed a brand new M3 yesterday is that possible with my 380 HP/400 tq? By mid third gear it was no contest guy was 5 cars lengths back, I let off at 80 or so. Maybe he was not trying? I do not think that would be possible running Cali donkey piss 91 oct.

Possible? Yes. Did you? Unlikely, because 5 cars. Its meaningless to claim 5 cars unless you did the 3 honk from a roll or both went from a dig and know you were both pinned WOT. You have no idea if he was flooring it or for how long. If he was on it you would not pull away hard (although you might pull him!!!). Pretty sure he would take you over 120 due to preferential gearing and power.

In corners I am on all over a lightly modded M3's ass. At the end of long straights I am hitting 130 and they are hitting 135-140+ (145+ being 600whp modded m3).

EDIT: FACEPALM, I'm sure this all took place on a PRIVATE road.

Yah not sure but I know he was on it, there is no way an M3 driver, drives that fast for no reason on a nice empty straight way on my ranch road property. It was a bone stock M3, My thought is when second gear came along and I started to move away slightly he gave up sooner than I realized knowing it was a wait of time for him as it was not an easy kill. Yah this car is a turd after 110 or so.

When i get my lighter weight rims

and a clutch i will find out.

You should come to the track with me, you would have a lot of fun. Its only as hard on the car as you make it. If you want an primer for super cheap, 1hr at Krops on the 9th for $20. Get 3-4 sessions. Leftcoast and a bunch of other friends are going.

http://shop.krops.org/product/krops-apex-trackday

Good times for all.

• 2 weeks later...
My Results from this weekend. Stage 2E. Stock internals, Stock Turbo, 121k miles. Perrin DP, Crucial UP, Perrin TMIC, GMS EBCS, DW 740 CC injectors, DW65 fuel pump, AEM CAI Tuned By Boosted Performance Tuning.

488036_436730019737407_1941810203_n.thumb.jpg.a6fb900a58e065ddd80e3ae28b86eaa7.jpg

You should not need pump or injectors with stock turbo... Maybe injectors, stocks may run out towards redline but not at peak HP. Seems about right he is 60 HP down from me but im running VF52, FMIC pump, injects, header. It was 80 degrees when mine was done, but also on virtual road dyno so not apples to apples. It may have been a real cold day maybe even freezing.

MARCAZI- temperature?, type of dyno?

Also consider e85 = +- 70%-85% ethanol that is a big swing depending how concentrated the batch is.... so many factors here. Im in cali and knowing this place it about 70%.

I happen to be working to help Propel to bring stations to the southland (particularly Bakersfield near the racetracks!). Every batch of e85 is tested by the distributor before delivery and then after load in and before the pump is reactivated a independent testing service has a tech there doing a test. e85 is AT LEAST 85% from all Propel locations.

Propel stated that this is standard practice in CA and Im fairly certain every e85 pump you and I go to are Propel.

Oops. I forgot about the fuel parts. DW65 fuel pump, and DW 740CC injectors. Original post edited to reflect results. Superflow Dyno. 40F, 16 Cars were run on the DYNO that day, all cars that had been tuned by the tuner there reflected very close to the Virtual Dyno results. Mine was 320HP, 370TQ.

Jack, Im curious to why you think all 16 cars were high on saturday?

Lee07. Yes, I do want some top end power... :) The VF40 so far has been great for autocross, obviously not so much for larger tracks and the drag strip. Im looking to go to a HTA68, or VF52, something small with some top end that doesn't loose boost like the stock turbo does.

Oops. I forgot about the fuel parts. DW65 fuel pump, and DW 740CC injectors. Original post edited to reflect results. Superflow Dyno. 40F, 16 Cars were run on the DYNO that day, all cars that had been tuned by the tuner there reflected very close to the Virtual Dyno results. Mine was 320HP, 370TQ.

Jack, Im curious to why you think all 16 cars were high on saturday?

Lee07. Yes, I do want some top end power... :) The VF40 so far has been great for autocross, obviously not so much for larger tracks and the drag strip. Im looking to go to a HTA68, or VF52, something small with some top end that doesn't loose boost like the stock turbo does.

I'm not sure about the other cars, just seems like 320WHP on a VF40 is kinda high. You've got great supporting mods, so I can see high 280's, but I've never seen any other VF40's at 320WHP.

I can agree. I was surprised myself. E85 can do some amazing things. Ive never seen peak 23 PSI on a VF40, but thats what I have been running now for 10k miles, 2 days at MAM, and the Subaru Shootout dragstrip event. Still no issues or shaftplay.

Archived