LegacyGT.com

E85 here I come

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so how much do they cost and how long can you store E85 in a tank like this?
Click the picture - it's not really cheap (like gas can cheap) but made to store fuel. 14 gallons - and I imagine I'd cycle through it before the gas went bad anyhow.

Yeah um, thats a OEM fuel pump. Wow, there is really no excuse for that sort of mistake.

Saying that they thought that did, if that is the case, is a bold lie. I would demand a refund for the labor and the pump and order immediately from a vendor here.

What was this that lied about the install again?

Got my car 'back" today.

Its amazing how much power and torque it has. Its spinning all 4 tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, may be even 4th too(didn't shift into 4th)

Didn't realize I was going 50+mph already on the side street. Didn't mean too.

The tune isn't even complete, he just gave me a map to run for a few days until I go back Wednesday and get it tweaked and get it tuned to perfection. May be, ok, there's still a bit more power to be had out of it still:eek:

I was planning on taking it to the track this spring but after driving it today, I guess not as something may/will break

I can't stop smiling, its incredible all this from e85 with just a mild upgrade and the small little vf52 turbo

Clutch, tranny, valves, suspension, brakes, brake lines, redline brake fluid and anything else to help your car stop quicker......

Lee07 what in the heck did you have done to your motor other than tune for E85? I have everything you can do to a motor, pistons, headers, intake, full exhaust, FMIC, DW850cc injects, DW pump, Grimmspeed EBCS, clutch with a VF52 and I am no where near spinning anything in any gear not even close. Although I am not running e85 yet.

Spins all 4s when I push it and there isn't any snow here in Minnesota anymore it's all clear now. Tires are dws and stock internals for now

Yeah those are all-season.:redface: Get some decent summer tires and you will slightly spin first and chirp second, if you are very aggressive. Otherwise, nope. Its just not THAT much power once the wheels are moving when you have good traction.

Quick question for those on e85 in the winter how long do you idle the car and when do you change the oil? 3000 miles still or sooner?

Regular oil change intervals is fine..just check it regularly (on E85 or pump).

I like to warm it for at least 3-4 minutes. Some say 45 seconds is enough..

Thanks for all the help guy's, I'll post up the dyno sheet Wednesday after it's all done.

End of the mod bug for me or until something break's.

Went from stock to stage 3 e85 in exactly 1 year.

Will never forget how fun and exciting it was and how I threw away $ like that

Just going to drive and hope everything holds up for year's down the road now

Btw if you need a stock bpv, invidia dp-cat-back gasket, 3inch - oem cat-back adapter or a perrin license plate frame let me know. All Free, you just pay me back the shipping cost

Just got it back yesterday after roughly 1 month at the shop but it's good.

Got 16mpg but that's from playing around and punching it.

Now I just got to see which gas station I want to fill up at. Minnesota has a lot for some reason(which is good) If you are taking a road trip through Minnesota, plenty of e85 station's every where

Just waiting until this Wednesday to put it on the dyno and see what it put's out and to extract a little more power out of it too

No regret's going e85 except the gas mileage as I like to go on road trip's but that's fine

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I got Infamous Tuned yesterday for E85. You do not realize just how bad the gas is here in Cali until you switch to e85 (level playing field now). I picked up 90 hp and 70 lbs of tq. Resulting in 380 hp 400 lbs tq.

Total blast to drive now, I could spin the tires into third if I were running 17's" but I run a 19" no go on the spin, second gear is just ferocious. Best word to describe.

91 octane is history, never looking back...

Scott

689270122_vf52e85.jpg.ebf45422959d33a0405d48e131570620.jpg

Oh my clutch is slipping as well as you might notice when the tq comes in right below 4000 rpms to 4800 give or take. I do not drive like this every day so I should be OK until I want to drop some more dough on a new clutch. In fact my clutch is a Stage one Exedy with about 8k easy miles on it. So I am not in a rush to do it all over again. New forged light weight rims are next.

Mods? I think you are over the rated capacity of a stage 1 excedy clutch but it's all on how you drive it though

I'm still waiting to get mine tuned as he has been sick all this time but it still pulls one way or the other and spins/chirps the tires when I punch it:)

Infamous Tuning Full rebuild, CP pistons,VF52 Turbo, GTspec headers, K&N typhoon intake, full 3" exhaust, FMIC, DW850cc injects, DW65c pump, Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS, Grimmspeed light crank pulley/power steering pulley, Solid Aluminum flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, GFB BOV, TGV shutter delete.

Yah clutch is only good for about 240 lbs. of tq. I am approx 160 lbs of tq over its ability.

Same set up as what I got except I'm still on stock internals, perrin tmic, stock intake and stock pulleys and with a stage 2 competition clutch. Everything else I got as well

Yes, the gain from just E85 is incredible, especially with a small quick spool turbo like the vf52.

Got to be careful as it can break a axle/drive shaft or our transmission anytime now if we decide to have some fun

Archived