LegacyGT.com

The wife is trying to wear the pants!!

get the wagon.. if i were to do it over again i would have gotten the wagon instead.

Way more space inside, GIANT moonroof in the LTD, and you can actually put stuff in the back of it.

(the rear seats don't fold down on the sedan... makes big things hard to haul around town)

PLUS, the only downside is a few pounds extra weight,-- BUT at least that weight is on the rear of the car, giving you closer to a 50/50 difference between the front and back. handling and performance are all still the same. And the Wagon's look very menacing when slightly lowered with larger wheels.

and, it would be so cool to go to the track and kick ass in a wagon.

Did my wife pay you to post that? jk Since we are planning on having another rug-rat in a few years the wagon makes more sense, but it is still a wagon. I guess I will have to get over it if I can't convince her.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did my wife pay you to post that? jk Since we are planning on having another rug-rat in a few years the wagon makes more sense, but it is still a wagon. I guess I will have to get over it if I can't convince her.

haha.. well the truth of the matter is that even the wagon's can look really good.. enough to make you forget they're a wagon. (on top of the fact that they handle like the sedans)

proof of how good a wagon can look:

(machVdan's legacy)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/CIT%20Legacy/Front-windshield-small.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/CIT%20Legacy/Side-with-reflection-small.jpg

Here's another couple for your records (sorry that it's another white car, but they clearly are the best!):D

*I just realized that my personal car shots are on my other computer... you'll have to drool over these Japanses variations.

46396971_SpecBfactoryJDM.jpg.df53b03915cdafb05a5a47610a37a85f.jpg

1971066272_trampioGTwith18tarmacs.jpg.fc9b33db5071ad0729d8ba301b7d52d9.jpg

No matter what you decide, I say get the manual. I have the 5EAT and it is fun to drive, but I had to settle on it since they didn't have the manual with all the options I wanted. If you have to compromise on a wagon then there should be no debate on you wanting to get the manual.

The wagon has a better sunroof. Also, if your upset about the power loss with the auto, just wait till you break it in and get the ECU accessport. ;)

Honestly, if I had to get a wagon, I would get the Outback XT - they look meaner. :)

- Mike

I might get in trouble for this one but... If your going for a wagon I'd go Forrester XT. They're quicker and you'll get major insurance discount for it being best small suv in front end crash test... Yes they are quicker!

i have an 05 LGTL sedan w/ 5EAT. i LOVE manny tranny, but since i do so much city driving for my job, i decided to go w/ AT this time. all my friends and family were shocked! but i LOVE the 5EAT. i can slap it into manual sport shift, though not quite the same, it's still a helluva a lot of fun! i still get to shift when I WANT to shift, the way God intended it to be. :p however, had the LGT come in a 6MT, then the auto wouldn't have even been an option!

I now wish that i'd gone with the wagon as the rear seats in the sedan DO NOT fold down! and boy do i miss having all my comfy room for things. with my sub box in the trunk, it eats up a lot of space, plus the odd sized trunk lid to get things in. :( there's a guy here to has the exact same car as me but in wagon, tinted windows and it looks sporty and kick ass! i love my sedan and the way it looks, but when it comes time to haul anything like camping, kayaking, or otherwise gear.... i'm cursing myself for not getting the wagon.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

with the auto she reach back and smack the kids while in city traffic.

if your not sold on the wagon then go to the dealer with all the crap you need to have on a family trip. try and stuff it the sedan trunk.

I might get in trouble for this one but... If your going for a wagon I'd go Forrester XT. They're quicker and you'll get major insurance discount for it being best small suv in front end crash test... Yes they are quicker!

could always put the cobb accessport in the legacy.

and the forester is utilitarian next to the legacy.

There will be no manual wagons in 2006, so you better get moving if you want a remaining 2005

I heard that the 2006 outback XT will still be offerd with the five speed manual trans base. So if you are not in a buying right away I would get the 06 outback xt wagon I also heard they fixed the slite hesetation and also the AC.Some of the 06s have already trickled into dealers.

what ever you decide on they are both great

Good luck

Hello all,

Only Foresters have Hill-holder. Legacies don't, although according to SOA they have something similar:

The 2005 Legacy models with manual transmissions are equipped with a fully synchronized reinforced 5-speed manual transmission with dual-mass flywheel and clutch pedal-controlled starter interlock. These models do not have the Hill Holder feature found on other earlier Subaru models, however the technology is similar to provide the safety and security when on an incline.

I hope this information is helpful to you, but should you have additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Best Wishes,

Natalie Cox

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer Dealer Services

E-Contact Team

I'm not a mechanic nor is my knowledge that technical so I don't know how correct her assertions are.

AK

As a guy who's looking at family concerns upcoming, I'd also recommend that you ditch the sedan, and go for one of the remaining LGT wagons with 5MT.

Had I to do things over again, despite the extra weight, I'd have gone with a 5MT 2.5GT Limited wagon for the tons of extra space.

This may also be a good bargaining chip for your wifey. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Here's another couple for your records (sorry that it's another white car, but they clearly are the best!):D

*I just realized that my personal car shots are on my other computer... you'll have to drool over these Japanses variations.

God, how I love the JDM stock 18's....

With I could get them here in US (noooot outrageously expensive)

Bottom line my friend: Hurry up and get a nice discount on a LGT Wagon 5MT (I paid 25175 for mine and I am veeeeeeeeeeeery happy with it)

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Hello all,

Only Foresters have Hill-holder. Legacies don't, although according to SOA they have something similar:

The 2005 Legacy models with manual transmissions are equipped with a fully synchronized reinforced 5-speed manual transmission with dual-mass flywheel and clutch pedal-controlled starter interlock. These models do not have the Hill Holder feature found on other earlier Subaru models, however the technology is similar to provide the safety and security when on an incline.

I hope this information is helpful to you, but should you have additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Best Wishes,

Natalie Cox

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer Dealer Services

E-Contact Team

I'm not a mechanic nor is my knowledge that technical so I don't know how correct her assertions are.

AK

*******NEWS FLASH*****

I found the reason for the stinky clutch in reverse :lol: :lol:

Note: I still don’t believe it exists but you all love talk about it.

Archived