LegacyGT.com

Will the LGT ever be worth more than it is now?

TehRicer

• I Donated
Spec.B is nothing special - bigger wheels, barely upgraded suspension, and a 6mt with an open diff and no DCCD

Don't forget the ricer seats! :lol:

In all seriousness, though, the Spec.B comes closest to qualifying because it's a limited-production special trim package. I still don't see it appreciating in value, though.

92 Civic, Notice the chipped paint on the wiper arm... FAIL.

About the legacy's, lets see I bought my 05 GT Wagon 5mt new for around $28,000.00 last year I put around $3000 into it, this year I put around $7,000 into it. Let alone all the $$$$'s I've put into it in the pervious 6 years.

If I keep it another 5 or 6 years, your saying I should be able to get my money back....yea, right. I'm not holding my breath...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

92 Civic, Notice the chipped paint on the wiper arm... FAIL.

About the legacy's, lets see I bought my 05 GT Wagon 5mt new for around $28,000.00 last year I put around $3000 into it, this year I put around $7,000 into it. Let alone all the $$$$'s I've put into it in the pervious 6 years.

If I keep it another 5 or 6 years, your saying I should be able to get my money back....yea, right. I'm not holding my breath...

No way. I just posted those links for reference. I think it's insane that those cars are even there

Speaking of Barrett-Jackson and depreciation...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=638&aid=465

That's an Italian coupe with less than 4,000 miles on it, and it still sold for a fraction of the original price. There's no way that a mass-produced Japanese four-door is going to go up in value when cars that like are going down.

I think the 04' STI (and 03' Evo) will be collector cars in the future. If you think about it, they are the 1st USDM Japanese "muscle cars" of their day. Because of that, I think they will be sought after by collectors in the future.

Spec B? Maybe within the Subie community, but not really. In the grand scheme of things, the LGT is just another nice car with some balls, but that's about it. Collector car? I think not.

I think you nailed on the sti and Evo...pristine low mileage examples should fetch a decent price many years from now. Unfortunately, the LGT won't.

OP, seems like an honest question that could have stimulated a decent conversation. Instead it triggered unreasonable douche bag replies...too bad.

I think you nailed on the sti and Evo...pristine low mileage examples should fetch a decent price many years from now. Unfortunately, the LGT won't.

OP, seems like an honest question that could have stimulated a decent conversation. Instead it triggered unreasonable douche bag replies...too bad.

Come on now, you really didn't this thread had any merit...did you...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Agreed. It was an honest question.

When did I specifically say the LGT will be worth as much as a Supra in value? Never. Supra's have gone up in value over the years. They're discontinued. I was curious to see where the LGT would go.

Half this forum is filled w/ childish members. LAGT, hands down.

I don't understand why people can't act normal/mature on the internet.

A majority of this forum is "too bad." This is honestly worse than Nasioc. ...& I thought the LGT was the "grown up" version of the Sti

Just ask yourself... Is Chip Foose's kid going to be restoring a 2005 LegacyGT in 35 years? I'm guessing no.

Counter Point - Chip Foose re-did a 95 civic on Overhauling (Season 3 Ep 1)

Anything is possible right?...SpiderPig?!?

~Sucka-Duck~

Thats true. He also did a Ford Exploder too. (Season 1 Ep 7)

And if you put the words SpiderPig, Chip Foose and Overhauling in the same post again I'm going to send you a bottle of scotch.

Chip Foose's talents seen on Overhauling would pale in comparison to the magical magic of the infamous SpiderPig...as seen on LGT.com

Macallan 18 or 30 (if you're feeling generous)...i'll PM you my address :)

~Sucka-Duck~

Hey, FWIW, we got about $6000 more for the yellow civic in my avatar then what I paid for it new in 1992.

Problem is really didn't make any money on it. It had more in roll cage and suspension work then sane person would spend on a civic. It was NHRA 25.5 chassis.

I know he's gonna run his mouth to me again. Like he always does. But he is the master of all thread ruining.

Go look at most of his posts. No useful info. Just him talking down to people to make himself feel better.

6800 posts and most of those are Probaly shit talking!

Agreed.

I kind of feel bad for him. Probably 30-35 yrs old. Sits on the internet all day talking sh*t to kids half his age to make himself feel better.

Forums are supposed to be a reference/guide to help others. Instead, LAGT trashes any threads he can get at. It gets old after while.

Do you really want to continue doing this for the rest of your life? What are you gunna have to say about yourself when you're 70 yrs old? So I sat on the computer my whole life talking sh*t to kids half my age to make myself feel better

C'mon man

nearly 7k posts? Don't you have a family?

Archived