LegacyGT.com

Pressure washed the engine yesterday(Now i know i wasn't suppose to) Car runs lbad

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: My buddy at dealership got 2012 STI short block with 16 miles on it, crancshaft was deffective from the factory. So he is rebuilding this one for me 1400 $ for a brand new block + 600 to install it.

Sounds good to me, will be putting new one in next week, will shoot some pictures :):spin:

Update: My buddy at dealership got 2012 STI short block with 16 miles on it, crancshaft was deffective from the factory. So he is rebuilding this one for me 1400 $ for a brand new block + 600 to install it.

Sounds good to me, will be putting new one in next week, will shoot some pictures :):spin:

If Heuberger in Colorado Springs sells a new EJ257 2.5L Shortblock engine for $1687.99; is $1400 for a defective rebuild all that great? hmmm...

$600 for install sounds very reasonable though.

If Heuberger in Colorado Springs sells a new EJ257 2.5L Shortblock engine for $1687.99; is $1400 for a defective rebuild all that great? hmmm...

$600 for install sounds very reasonable though.

For me every penny counts now, plus i would have to drive to CS take a day off ~250 $ lost there. 1400$ it's 2 minutes away from me.:rolleyes:

Update: Talked to subie mechanic, i known him for at least 3 years. He said it is rod knock and engine needs to be rebuilt if i want to get it done right - quote from him 1700 shortblock + 700 labor to put it all together - 2400 $ . My wife is going to eat me alive.................

Get it in writting. That's dirt cheap. Done right includes rebuilding the heads, plus...

Here's my new short block thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

For me every penny counts now, plus i would have to drive to CS take a day off ~250 $ lost there. 1400$ it's 2 minutes away from me.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you ran the numbers and made an informed decision. Best of luck to you. I hope it goes smooth.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got my shortblock build tonight, will be pulling engine apart tomorrow to find out what else might need to be replaced.

2009 STI shortblock, new STI pistons, rods, bearings, new crank, new rings. So i hope that will get me going for at least 100 K

Update: getting my build engine done on thursday night :) So exited.

I was thinking about stage 1 tune after i get engine broken in, any people willing to help from Denver ? Maybe with tactrix cable or so ?

Didn't you say that you were penny pinching?

:yeahthat:

I was gonna recommend stage 1, with Acessport, Added benefits: monitoring any inconsistencies with engine. However, once you go stage 1 Stage 2 calls then,...you get my drift. If you're able to yield not to temptation, then you'd be ok.

• I Donated
I was gonna recommend stage 1, with Acessport, Added benefits: monitoring any inconsistencies with engine. However, once you go stage 1 Stage 2 calls then,...you get my drift. If you're able to yield not to temptation, then you'd be ok.

On an 05, open source is way cheaper, and an OS e-tune is better than a Cobb OTS map. We're talking $165 vs. $400-500 here.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

tonight we got longblock assembled, would have stayed till the morning but need to order some parts, need some help from you guys.

So as you know i had EJ 255 thrown a rod bearing, i got 2009 STI shortblock with 14 miles on it.

I'm reusing my heads, new gaskets, new Timing belt, new oil pump, water pump.

We got stuck tonight on oil cooler, my buddy mechanic said that i can't reuse the old one because of all metal shavings that could be inside from bad rod bearing.

Is there any safe way to clean oil cooler ?? they like 260 $ (((, or to get some aftermarket with relocation kit ?? Just need some answers ASAP, want to finish my engine on monday.

Thanks

Archived