LegacyGT.com

Nrw's 2005 BSM GT

Nrw

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More room than stock. Only issue is I found out 04-05 EJ25 oil pans are different than 06+, and the invidia headers don't really jive with 04-05. Guess I'm dropping the oil pan, again haha.

1011213_10202291842791270_124874082_n.jpg

I guess that counts me out....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's a pretty freakin solid wrap job. I thought I had read that wrapping headers made them more likely to crack. Are you concerned about that? Do you have the up and/or down wrapped? Looks like the down is not wrapped in that pic. Any reason you have the headers wrapped and not the up/down? I ask because I've got the exact opposite setup ... wrapped up/down, naked headers.

By the way, it looks like your downpipe to transmission bolt is missing. So is mine. I need a new one with loctite this time.

That's a pretty freakin solid wrap job. I thought I had read that wrapping headers made them more likely to crack. Are you concerned about that? Do you have the up and/or down wrapped? Looks like the down is not wrapped in that pic. Any reason you have the headers wrapped and not the up/down? I ask because I've got the exact opposite setup ... wrapped up/down, naked headers.

By the way, it looks like your downpipe to transmission bolt is missing. So is mine. I need a new one with loctite this time.

Thanks, wrap cracks cheaply made headers. Well they crack no matter what you do to them lol. I couldn't justify the price the Swaintech wanted for their ceramic coating, so DEI Titanium wrap it was. Always wrap or coat headers (stock manifolds I wouldn't worry much about if you have the stock heatshield in place) spool time will be a lot more consistent and will help keep the heat away from everything else.

This header is a one piece unit, all the way up to the turbo. So yes it's all wrapped haha.

I just haven't got around to wrapping or coating the header. I might later down the road if I get bored.

As for the missing bolt, I took the picture before I re-hooked up my ghetto rig. It's a auto pipe on a mt so that's the only part that doesn't line up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived