LegacyGT.com

Accessport & Open source Remote Tuning Available

Tuning Alliance

well im going in to get my puddle light replaced (again) and my Nav replaced on Monday so hopefully I can have a chat with one of the mechanics to ask him if there is any way too notice if an ecu has been flashed back to stock. do you know if it gives you a "time since reset" or anything like that?

Thanks for the quick reply, Stik

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well im going in to get my puddle light replaced (again) and my Nav replaced on Monday so hopefully I can have a chat with one of the mechanics to ask him if there is any way too notice if an ecu has been flashed back to stock. do you know if it gives you a "time since reset" or anything like that?

Thanks for the quick reply, Stik

I dont know what there equipment can tell them.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recently dealt with a similar situation. I called the service manager ahead of time and without revealing my identity, just to be safe, told him I had the ECU flashed with a custom map and would he be cool with that even though it technically voided the warranty? I told him the work I needed done had nothing to do with the ECU but I could flash it back to stock if I had to. He said no problem at all - they're there to solve problems, not bust customers. Everybody is different. You might get some grumpy anal stick in the mud but in general I'd bet you'd be ok because they want your business.

Or just flash back to stock and re-map it when you get your car back.

that's what I was planning, and ass long as they don't take a deep looking the ecu I don't think they would notice it being reflashed to stock. or even with a slight tune for that matter.

Thanks for the info DC

Back in the early days, early 2005, my wagon had a couple of recalls for ECU issues and the fan relays. I just reverted to stock. Had the ECU replaced by them and loaded the AP again. It was like 10 years ago, but I remember having to do that least twice.

My wagon has been on AP since it came out in early Dec 2004. Mike has been keeping it running great since May of 09.

The lastest map is the best yet, the car is so smooth and so quick in the midrange of 2nd and 3rd gears. It even drives better when the engines cold.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Things good over here. I'm about due to send you a log just to check on things - signing up with your service is some of the best money I've put into this car!

Glad to hear, I like to keep these cars running right!

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I wasn't doomed with vacumm leaks I'd be doing ok.

Got the perrin inlet, now just gotta get it installed and send over those logs. Thanks for always being there mike. Talk with you soon.

You'll get there we have all battled leaks. I'm glad to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
I'm finally able to pull the trigger and join the happy customers with tunes from you. I'm just a bit unclear and which one to choose on your website to get it all going. I have an 05 Legacy GT, manual trans, AP version 2, K&N Typhoon intake. I am looking to get it running smooth and strong, not anything fancy. I am one of the many who suffer from that hesitation/stutter in the mid-range issue. Please let me know how to get it all rolling. Is the price still $120 or up to $150 now? Thanks!

I'm finally able to pull the trigger and join the happy customers with tunes from you. I'm just a bit unclear and which one to choose on your website to get it all going. I have an 05 Legacy GT, manual trans, AP version 2, K&N Typhoon intake. I am looking to get it running smooth and strong, not anything fancy. I am one of the many who suffer from that hesitation/stutter in the mid-range issue. Please let me know how to get it all rolling. Is the price still $120 or up to $150 now? Thanks!

PM sent

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived