LegacyGT.com

Engine Seized

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oil light never went on strangely. Plan is new internals just OEM i need the car back

You can get a new oem EJ257 in a couple of day's for $1880 + tax and shipping.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

All shops will be different call a couple in your area that you TRUST, or ask around the forum and people will make recomendations. but asking how much a rebuild will cost is way too broad..

You supplying parts?Does block need machining? do you want to forge internals? do you want a nitride crank? How much power you wanting to put down? what size turbo? just sayin..

If I didn't do it myself, what kind of labor cost to do the swap?

I spent about 5000 doing most labor myself. But I did more then a cheap quick rebuild. I plan to keep my wagon. That's with a new clutch, timing belt kit, oil pump, heads rebuilt and ported. The machine shop took the old heads off and give me back a long block with timing belt and oil pan on.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I spent about 5000 doing most labor myself. But I did more then a cheap quick rebuild. I plan to keep my wagon. That's with a new clutch, timing belt kit, oil pump, heads rebuilt and ported. The machine shop took the old heads off and give me back a long block with timing belt and oil pan on.

Based on your mods, and the "above and beyond OEM" stuff you did to your rebuild, how long you think it'll run before you have wash, rinse, and repeat?

Based on your mods, and the "above and beyond OEM" stuff you did to your rebuild, how long you think it'll run before you have wash, rinse, and repeat?

Years as in 5 or more.

my build is approx 4000$, new OEM crank, bearings, machining the block, 11mm oil pump, Moroso oil pickup, Hot tanking the heads, new headgaskets, timingbelt, tensioners, etc.

That sounds about right.

Update : new OEM crank and ACL race bearings going in. also a Moroso oil pickup and a Spec stage 1 clutch.

Spec stage 1 ? I would go at least a 2 or 2+ if you like to drag race.

Archived