LegacyGT.com

Engine Seized

I'm very happy so far with my Spec 2. The pedal feel is very close to the oem clutch in my 09 Spec B. I would think any stage 2 type clutch would be good for the masses.

Both Mike's (m sprank and AZPinstalls.com) are better ones to ask about that. Mike from AZP does auto-X from time to time. m sprank has been working on these cars for a long time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

engine is in... started it...constant misfire in cylinders 1 and 3 (right side bank. Getting spark and fuel. checked with noid light. swapped coils. fault did not move. checked pulgs (brand new NGK 1 step coler) gapped to .030 look new. however i did not swap injectors.

Has anyone put a rebuilt engine in their car and have had this or a similar problem of misfires??

engine is in... started it...constant misfire in cylinders 1 and 3 (right side bank. Getting spark and fuel. checked with noid light. swapped coils. fault did not move. checked pulgs (brand new NGK 1 step coler) gapped to .030 look new. however i did not swap injectors.

Has anyone put a rebuilt engine in their car and have had this or a similar problem of misfires??

Not a pro at this, but I would first check if your timing belt has not skipped a tooth or two since you are having issue on a specific bank. Someone else had a very similar issue and that was it. Does not mean it will be it for sure though. But does not hurt to carefully check it.

After a few beers and food..i figured out i had the coil wire harness swapped... DUHH

so after it was routed the correct way the car runs beautifully..

although i do need a throttle body hose to fix my boost leak so ill go back to my OEM top mount for now

!!

Archived