LegacyGT.com

blklgt05's 2010 LGT Journal

Your car is gorgeous dude!!! It is making me very impatient with my long list of mods.

How would you say the Invidia sounds? Mild volume increase, or big volume increase? What about cabin noise?

My wife is worried I might put a system on the car that is too loud. I think she just really doesn't want to hear it from the inside, so as long as interior volume doesn't change much, she won't mind if it gets noticed going down the street. I think Invidia is my best bet for this. Magnaflow and Borla will likely be too loud.

The drone was pretty loud when it was first installed, but after about 100 miles or so, its gone. Now the sound is mellow and very smooth. But by all means, it is an exhaust so you're gonna know its there. I thought it was too much at the beginning, but now it's very nice. I'd recommend you give it a try, but if the wife says no, then... idk, I'm not married :lol:.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For people that PM'd me about the thermal coating on the Invidia logo.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/Invidia%20Catted%20TBE/P9120822_zpsc4f7f178.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/Invidia%20Catted%20TBE/P9140825_zps7cd8304a.jpg

Normally if you're standing behind my car, you can't see Invidia at all.

Much better with the exhaust. I think the exterior is done. I hate to say it but its time for swaybars :) And by swaybars I mean 26MM front and 24mm rear.

Thanks man, I currently do have the 19mm RSB and the car is very neutral. I personally don't recommend running big swaybars on heavier cars like the 5gen Legacy just so it's more forgiving when you do drive it hard. I had some big solid Cusco F/R swaybars on my 4gen LGT and unless I take the corners perfectly, I would always spin out. I had couple of close calls on the canyons. If that 24mm RSB is the solid type, that's a 406% increase from OEM and I wouldn't feel as relaxed taking high speed corners (freeway merging ramps :lol:). I would also not recommend that for mountain roads.

I might get a slightly bigger FSB depending on how the car feels after I upgrade to coilovers. I think it's always better to upgrade the spring/strut first, get proper roll center adjustments, drive the car and then decide what you need from there on. If you are lowered, a lot of the body roll will go away once fix the roll center.

Thanks man, I currently do have the 19mm RSB and the car is very neutral. I personally don't recommend running big swaybars on heavier cars like the 5gen Legacy just so it's more forgiving when you do drive it hard. I had some big solid Cusco F/R swaybars on my 4gen LGT and unless I take the corners perfectly, I would always spin out. I had couple of close calls on the canyons. If that 24mm RSB is the solid type, that's a 406% increase from OEM and I wouldn't feel as relaxed taking high speed corners (freeway merging ramps :lol:). I would also not recommend that for mountain roads.

I might get a slightly bigger FSB depending on how the car feels after I upgrade to coilovers. I think it's always better to upgrade the spring/strut first, get proper roll center adjustments, drive the car and then decide what you need from there on. If you are lowered, a lot of the body roll will go away once fix the roll center.

WOW. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having as bad an experience with sway bars as yourself. I always recommend them as the first suspension upgrade. I put the Cobb swaybars on my 4th generation and the difference was night and day. I never had even a hint of issues with the car spinning out including taking 35 MPH corners at 70 in the rain. (I did set the rear to the soft setting in the winter however). Later I upgraded the front Cobb to a larger Perrin and the difference was again huge. I was really disappointed with the suspension on our 5th generation when I drove it but I knew it could be fixed so I bought it anyway. I agree the best upgrade is the struts and shocks however not everyone has $1500-2000 to do this and then you would still want the sway bars. I would agree that a non adjustable 24mm sway bar on the rear only would not be advisable however with the adjustable larger front sway bar and the adjustable rear the difference is again night and day and my car loves the mountain roads. So we are going to have to agree........ to disagree :)

WOW. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone having as bad an experience with sway bars as yourself. I always recommend them as the first suspension upgrade. I put the Cobb swaybars on my 4th generation and the difference was night and day. I never had even a hint of issues with the car spinning out including taking 35 MPH corners at 70 in the rain. (I did set the rear to the soft setting in the winter however). Later I upgraded the front Cobb to a larger Perrin and the difference was again huge. I was really disappointed with the suspension on our 5th generation when I drove it but I knew it could be fixed so I bought it anyway. I agree the best upgrade is the struts and shocks however not everyone has $1500-2000 to do this and then you would still want the sway bars. I would agree that a non adjustable 24mm sway bar on the rear only would not be advisable however with the adjustable larger front sway bar and the adjustable rear the difference is again night and day and my car loves the mountain roads. So we are going to have to agree........ to disagree :)

It's all good bro, I forgot to add that it is personal preference, everyone have different driving style and skills ;). COBB's swaybar is not solid type btw and I was driving mostly on mountain roads back then while on the road it wasn't as harsh. I'll probably get bigger fronts after coilovers for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
+ Headrest Wood Hanger

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/2010%20LGT%20Journal/PA181590.jpg

+ COBB AP V2/V3 Specific Mount

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/2010%20LGT%20Journal/PA181596.jpg

:lol: NiCE!! That will def come in handy for my blazers for work.

Archived