LegacyGT.com

blklgt05's 2010 LGT Journal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Installed the lip today, will probably get it wet sanded tomorrow. My car is really dirty right now and I took these pics with my phone. I'll take higher resolution shots in about a week or so after detailing and spacers.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/20130129LGTLIP2.jpg?t=1359539600

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/blklgt05/20130129LGTLIP1.jpg?t=1359539434

giggity giggity! :wub::wub::wub:

This is a rough step by step...

1. Buy Subaru Flip Key set from Ebay (you'll need the laser key blank)

2. Find a key duplication shop that does laser cutting (high security keys), make sure to tell them that you do not need programming, just a straight forward duplication and you will bring the key blank for it. (Shouldn't be more than $25, make sure to tell them that you do not need any programming.)

3. Take OE key apart (only one screw), install the key fob into the flip key.

4. Remove chip from OE key and place it into the open slot in the flip key.

5. Place spring in, place button over the spring (there's a groove inside the button that will grab onto the spring, so just keep turn it until it locks in).

6. Place key over the button of the flip key, then start winding it counter-clockwise until its all the way down.

7. Place the cover over and install all 3 screws.

8. Test the key, it should flip out pretty quickly. If it flips out slow, you'll need to wind the spring down a bit more.

9. Subaru emblem: There's a clear protective film over it, remove it prior to installing the emblem.

10. I had trouble getting my emblem to stay on the key securely, I ended up using super glue.

PM me if you have questions.

Hey blklgt05, any update on the Synapse BPV?

The BPV (evo x model) fits with a custom short hose in push mode (can't use OE BPV hose), but that causes over boost and you will need to get the car tuned.

It's probably best if it is installed as a pull type which they had trouble installing it in that direction. They are making a kit last I checked before I went to asia for a month, I'll check-in with them again next week. They are also working on a big TMIC+charge pipe.

• 2 weeks later...
The BPV (evo x model) fits with a custom short hose in push mode (can't use OE BPV hose), but that causes over boost and you will need to get the car tuned.

It's probably best if it is installed as a pull type which they had trouble installing it in that direction. They are making a kit last I checked before I went to asia for a month, I'll check-in with them again next week. They are also working on a big TMIC+charge pipe.

...any additional info from Synapse on the items they are working on?

• 3 months later...
Good luck getting the 4th gen kit. I've been waiting on mine since April. They are waiting on some brackets and every time I call I'm told they'll have them in a couple weeks. Disorganized fucks.

• 5 months later...

To each his own, but that lip destroys the flow of the car in my opinion. Just curious, since I am from Cali as well, do you ever get pulled over because of your front plates being at such an angle? I am from San Bernardino and back in the day they would ALWAYS mess with me if my plates were not 100% visible at all times!

Also, not to thread steal, but looking at your steps for the flip key mod, I did some research and found a GREAT deal on ebay from a guy who sells all pieces required, so I think. I bought 3 of them 2 for my keys and one as a back-up. Thanks for the directions too blklgt05!!! The ebay item said that it comes with ALL pieces required, even the blank to engrave! I bought 3 of them at the price of 25.50$ he allows discounts for multiple purchases, just send him a "Best Offer". Make sure to read his full description, this guy is a great seller so far, within 10 minutes he accepted the offer and will be shipping today! Lets just hope the product works lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111030697166?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

Archived