LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT - pictures!!!

Some of the answers:

1. MRSP 33,124 (will get invoice)

EDIT 3

Car still at the dealer, because they didn't get financial numbers for MY 2006 from SOA. Dealer knows pricing but not loan numbers. Most likely - August 2. Car has one change for sure - inside of frontlight is full chrome not part chrome and black like MY 2005. Picture included.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that any dealer would have a car on their lot that is "too new" to be properly sold?

SOA hasn't given the financial numbers yet, but SOA sent the car(s) to the dealer already???

Come ON! SOA had better get on the ball. I would think that the specifications, and financial information, and everything would be ready to go by the time dealers are getting the cars. Subaru's information online isn't even updated yet for 06, and 05 cars are no longer being produced, just sold out of stock.

Is it just me, or do some of these "details" seem like they should have been in place by now?

About the chrome lights...

I noticed that it had been mentioned here, and I thought I remembered that from the pics in the first post in this thread. I remembered that the spyshots of the Spec B had chrome lights, too, so I checked back there and saw the pic again. After I re-read dkodyl's Edit 3 section, and had the thoughts I just mentioned above.

Previously I thought that the chrome headlights were a Spec B thing, to set it apart visually, but evidently it is across the Legacy/OB line... Who knows. Subaru hasn't exactly SAID anything yet! (I am feeling like lewis black, I really am. I am usually not that volatile.)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump...just wondering if anyone had any updated info on the changes (if any) for the 2006 MY. According to the OP, he should be getting his hands on his today, and I'm hoping that a few other '06 owners may start trickling in.

I have gotten over my initial displeasure at the lack of navigation in the Leg GT Wagon (I was already planning on the 5EAT, so dropping the MT didn't affect me) and I am back on board for buying a 2006 Leg GT Ltd wagon.

Any information about fixes, improvements, new features, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

well around here.. sitting on the lot is what legacys do best, so once the 06s come in I'll have LOADS of time to check them out.. our local dealer still has early 05s that havent sold (its cos they wont come down on their prices!!)

I prefer the 06 chrome headlight look better than the black plastic interior, although it does not warrant the extra cost to buy them for a swap, unless my 05s start leaking or yelllowing. An interesting point however is.. considering the way the lights are.. wont that chrome bottom throw light everywhere? I mean if the projectors aim down that is..

any improvements on the 06 should be an easy swap for us 05ers hehe, so I'm not sweatin it

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Chappy,

what don't you like about it? It would be good to hear from someone who ACTUALLY has used it.

First off, it is not onstar..We traded a vehicle in for it that was equipped with onstar. We thought that the navi could replace the onstar but no way. onstar is a live person. yes you pay for it but its worth it.

Here are some gripes:

1.Once you start driving you cannot change your destination point unless you stop the vehicle completely. I know it is for safety but it is a pain in the butt.

2. The POI selection is not the greatest. POI is points of interest. Restaurants, gas stations, etc.. If you want italian food and you dont know the name of the restaurant that is local to you, your outta luck. With onstar we would hit the button, tell the rep we wanted a italian restaurant and they would tell us how to get there. The NAVI has the potential to do the same thing but I have yet to figure it out. When you are entering the POI it forces you to put a name in and not just a zip code or town name to get all restaurants in that area.

3. You cannot get a preview of the full driving route. I was hoping to get a mapquest type info.I wish that after calculating the route there would be an option to preview the route that the navi will take you. Nope..

These are just a few issue with the navi portion. The whole interface screen is okay but is not a great setup. I wish it was a bit more refined and user customizable. There are also alot of useless features that just cause more screen touches than necessary.

Im starting to get irritated just thinking of it..Our last trip out of state was completely relied on by the NAVI. Needless to say it was not a good experience. It would only bring us on one route even though we deviated off it. I was trying to get it to re-calculate from the point where we deviated but it wanted us to turn around for 20 miles. This was while we were in southern NH. Nowhere rural..

Guest clawdnb

i stick to my original statement....get a sidekick2, pay for it for the internet unlimited for a year and you got navi (yahoo maps, mapquest, whatever you want) +aim in your car all the time...i know i dont want navi because i ordered a mount for my psp/fm mod that goes rite in there :)

a more functional and removable navi seems like a better idea

sounds like this gps sucks. it'll get you from point a to b and thats it. i cud just print out a mapquest for that.

things like finding the nearest italian restaurant and looking at virtual maps and what streets you are taking ahead of time, thats where a navi should flourish. The navi in my family's 2000 honda odyssey (read: 5 years old) has all these features. The lexus my parents just got has a navi as well with these same features. Although the vw touareg we have now and the bmw 5 we had before had crappy (in my opinion) navi systems.

heres a quik true story about where a navi with those options comes into good use...i come out of great adventure in NJ with family and we have a 3 car convoy. Everyones hungry but its almost midnight and we are in the middle of nowhere. everything looks closed. even the mcdonals and burger kings are closed. so what we do is set the search the navi for the nearest diner. The navi spits out something about 10 miles away with a phone number. We call, and what do you know, its open 24 hours. 15 mins later through farm roads and deserted areas we come to our diner and everyone is happy and amazed that the navi got us here.

having a mapquest in the dash of your car is cool but its not worth 2gs. it not even worth 1g. i always presumed japanes navi systems were a lot better than EDM systems but i guess this is the exception

mainly what I want from the GPS is the screen trimplate so I can put my own in there w/o as much work, the only complication is that stupid information center. From what you're telling me MS streets and trips is way better, I can type in an address and it will map to it.. while I was on vacation we spent a day going to junkyards (a day well spent for me :) ) and ms s&t found all of em, even the ones that were converted farms in the middle of nowhere, good stuff!
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I must have a different SatNav then because I can hit Italian restaurants and get a list and also get a route preview.

Without sounding smart: Are you sure you have read the SatNav manual fully?

I must have a different SatNav then because I can hit Italian restaurants and get a list and also get a route preview.

Without sounding smart: Are you sure you have read the SatNav manual fully?

My Girlfriend, Myself and the sales rep went over it during delivery. He pretty much introduced us to every option. Then after delivery my girl and I sat in the dealer lot for about an hour trying to find an italian restaurant on the navi to go to. Went thru the manual then and had no luck figuring it out. We got hungry so we just drove till we found something. A couple of weeks ago I spent some time reading over the manual but I havent been able to find the feature if it is there..

Something tells me the capability should be there so it is but I just cant seem to find it. It seems very limited for what it is..I have a pretty strong computer background so I have no problems navigating thru the screens. I havent given up on it yet..Its just frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

The OEM Navigation system componets are available ala carte from a German Subaru dealership. I've bought the bezel ($65.US) about 9 months ago as a fellow Denver based LGT forum lister is working on a PC based installation for our cars; GT_LTD..LGT/OB.

It is my understanding the OEM DVD drive and screen are available ala carte. I DO NOT believe the OEM screen will accept a VGA input.

While in Germany 8 days from now, I'll look into this Nav. shite at the dealership level and report...

Over and Out ~

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Archived