LegacyGT.com

log review

DerekDaniel

Here man I am not the only one with an issue:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cant-get-airbox-closed-tight-173413.html?t=173413

my filter number was 16546AA12A I had to check my history to see when I googled it and that was the number I googled and pulled off the filter...........WHY DOES ALL OF THE SERVICE MANUALS SHOW FINS HORIZONTAL BUT ON MY CAR HORIZONTAL = LOOSE Vertical it has like two little plastic pieces on the sides that seem to help it stay snug?? I am wondering if the airbox is the right size?? as there is still a 1/4 gap at the top where the filter ends and the top of the airbox with the MAF sensor????

Oh my Lord!!!!!!!!! I am not liking this, at first I thought it was the bottom prongs not connected but they were. so I took whole airbox out trying to figure this out and vertical is the only viable fit?? any theories? maybe former owner tuned and put wrong airbox on?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why not get one to see if the fitment is better ?

It is only a few months old and I took the whole airbox out, trying to figure it out, and put it back in fully assembled. There is only a slight gap at the top imma have to take pics for ya'll.

I told my tuner he said reflash and relog and my logs are looking alot better I also filled up at my regular gas station, I think I may have gotten some bad gas plus the leak was causing alot of knock.

My logs today look good it was alot cooler out like 60 degrees so I dont know if that contributes to less knock. I will post my new logs if yall wanna check them out, I got a few different wot logs, 3rd gear and auto wot in sportsharp an auto and cruise log in sport mode and an Idle log..........

here are some logs I took after re-flashing map per tuners request after air-filter adjustment. The cruise log was before the wot runs. I did the sport# wot runs within a few minutes of each other and did the sport wot run like 10 minutes later and idle about 10 minutes after that one. Logs are in order as taken. I would greatly appreciate an reviews and thoughts as always you guys are awesome and helping me keep my sanity through all of this :)

Cruise log before wot runs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdHh6cG1sZlZGbEc4TUxLd2dYTUQ3b0E

3rd gear sport# wot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdGN1T3ZUZnNpWW8wWjFENTk4OEhvbnc

Automatic sport# wot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdHNsdkNMOWRxMUVfMU5HOHFZalpGOUE

Automatic sport wot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdDZaWTFqZ0o5cW1FMlVNVXk3NE9rckE

Idle after about 15 minutes after runs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvjuAcEqRlEfdFcyZUdGZjROU3RlWXEtZ2hHbnFueWc

1. post a LV so we can see your cl fuel trims.

2. with a learning D range of -2.3 the ecu is pulling fuel, maybe inadvertently, regardless, it could be making you run lean at WOT which would cause some knock.

3. other than the issue with the 3rd gear log, you have classic shift knock which is a bitch to tune out. PM Fahr_side and see what he says about it. this is purely a tuning problem, not a problem with the mechanical components.

the only way to confirm if your fueling is appropriate at WOT is to install a windeband

and if there is an issue with your airbox, this will affect the fueling.

1. post a LV so we can see your cl fuel trims.

2. with a learning D range of -2.3 the ecu is pulling fuel, maybe inadvertently, regardless, it could be making you run lean at WOT which would cause some knock.

3. other than the issue with the 3rd gear log, you have classic shift knock which is a bitch to tune out. PM Fahr_side and see what he says about it. this is purely a tuning problem, not a problem with the mechanical components.

the only way to confirm if your fueling is appropriate at WOT is to install a windeband

and if there is an issue with your airbox, this will affect the fueling.

I let tuner infamous know about the shift knock and supplied him with the automatic wot, cruising and idle logs. So he can have a complete picture and hopefully he can tweak it a lil more to reduce the shift knock, at least the logs are starting to look a lil better :)

PM Fahr_side and see what he says about it. this is purely a tuning problem, not a problem with the mechanical components.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't need more PMs from strangers. I also don't like to get involved in discussions on the ongoing projects of professional tuners, either in public or behind the scenes.

See in your autoWOT log there where you have shifted, and at line 48 as revs settle again there is your knock. See how your boost spikes to almost 18psi there? Can you try the same thing again, but also log boost error? Many later cars have some logic where timing is pulled when boost is over the target set and in same cases just looks like it will. The ECU does this via FLKC... it's not real knock. I don't know for sure if your ECU has this logic, so if Shamar tells you it's something different at play here, listen.

And yeah, lay off the coffee, get some sleep, or get back on your meds.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

lol I never stop man... I have a learning disability its called overachieving. I can log target boost error. I sent shamar all logs today. I will definitely wait to see his response. It is taking awhile but I am content on driving shamars rev3 now as much better than rev2, So I imagine he will sort it out soon enough.

Yeah I dont want to start going behind his back and getting tuning advice especially since the tune is still in its works. I just post on here to get multiple responses and a quick evaluation of my logs so I know whether or not to slow down and stay outta wot or stop driving all together because shamar is really busy to be answering all my questions and if all of his customers are half as bad as me....Good lord I feel for him.

I am just very driven! and tedious in everything I do because I know what neglect and complacency brings and it aint good. Yeah man I am on schedule II pain meds and Valium for my anxiety! so imagine me without :spin::lol:

I really seriously appreciate everyone's input. I wish I could give ya'll a big HUG! Thanks It means alot to know that there are people out there in these communities (forums) that care. if I posted on nasioc I probably would have drove the car off a damn cliff.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't need more PMs from strangers. I also don't like to get involved in discussions on the ongoing projects of professional tuners, either in public or behind the scenes.

See in your autoWOT log there where you have shifted, and at line 48 as revs settle again there is your knock. See how your boost spikes to almost 18psi there? Can you try the same thing again, but also log boost error? Many later cars have some logic where timing is pulled when boost is over the target set and in same cases just looks like it will. The ECU does this via FLKC... it's not real knock. I don't know for sure if your ECU has this logic, so if Shamar tells you it's something different at play here, listen.

And yeah, lay off the coffee, get some sleep, or get back on your meds.

Yeah I see that spike it was early this morning and cold and I was at like 100mph right before that. Yeah it seems as if shamar is smoothing everything out, just takes awhile because I think in my first 2 revs the boost spikes where higher at all shift points.

I wonder how a stock lgt logs look I wonder if it spikes like that from the factory. I havent thrown no cels.

next time I log should I get rid of the AFR and just add target boost. I am still looking for the file that had a list of parameters to log for troubleshooting like fuel issues boost issues etc. cant find it.....

I just post on here to get multiple responses and a quick evaluation of my logs so I know whether or not to slow down and stay outta wot or stop driving all together
I believe while going through revisions you do not want to do any WOT pulls outside of the logs you need for your tuner. While eTuners tend to stay on the safe side for the base, then modify boost/timing etc. and ramp up based on logged results, you dont' want to damage your car while in the refining stages. My understanding is until you have your "final" tune, don't romp on it (which is really hard when you get a taste for your new found power - something I quickly realized during a 2 month stage 2 tune where I stayed out of WOT until I was done). While I went through revisions I'd do a couple 3rd gear pulls and LV it - then back to 3500RPM shift points and gentle on the throttle. Those two months were awesome for gas mileage :lol:

Oh shite! Yes i do know that.

I drove around on a complete tune from Clark turner while getting tuned by shamar, So I did have alot of wot runs from that guy because he gave me my final map and said enjoy..... I wonder if he meant enjoy blowing my car up, now that I think of it because, a month later my car went bonkers with shift shock knock in auto wot runs and that maniac said it was ok.

Lol I guess that's what happens when you get your final map after rev1 and e-tuned in 4 days :mad: Maybe it is a good thing that shamar takes a little longer maybe it means he is actually putting effort into his tunes..

I really don't go around flooring it. I take the necessary logs upon first flash plus a few extra, and then usually I wont go more than half throttle. there are exceptions but not frequent.

The only logs I really take after the wot logs for the tuner, are cruising logs and idle logs, just to keep an eye on stuff.

Archived