LegacyGT.com

log review

DerekDaniel

I dont' have an answer to the AP questions since I'm open source. I responded to your email, and if you are missing anything for the BCS or fittings let me know.

Your pricing on the PW is fair so if that's the route you go, I definitely am interested!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if 06lgt BCS is compatible with an 08 lgt ??

It is.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

well I figured out why the eff my AFRs were acting all shitty after boost test.... Wow the dealer put my air filter in horizontally when it should have been in vertically.... So the filter wasnt sealing properly to the airbox! turned it and now nice and snug and my AFRS are consistently closer to 0 at wot, cruising and idle!!! Imma punch the service dept guy in the face!

lol yeah I wish I would have caught that a few months ago, but I also had a hole in my turbo inlet, and yes I try my best not to take my car to the dealer as they have proven their incompetency especially with this.

The filter/airbox connection still looks like there is a slight gap at the top of the airbox, as if the filter is just a lil too short to touch the top of the airbox, but I am not really worried b/c it is in at-least the proper way, and...

I read this is ok b/c the filter is slightly smaller than original.... The top clamps actually feel like they are more snug too.

I am logging in 3rd gear for my tuner, and then I do an automatic wot run, after to see how it looks because I never drive in manual mode, and I noticed with a previous tune with nothing but 3rd gear logs looked good but when I went wot in auto the data was not so good due to automatic shifting. I think tuners need to take that into account also, to see how the car behaves under normal operation. I usually label my 3rd gear and auto logs. and if I do an auto wot I usually start around 25-30 mph and take up to 80-100 mph.

3rd gear usually from 2k to 6k rpms.

What gear are you logging in? 2k to 6500 in less than 7 seconds? First gear? second? Logs should be done in third gear preferably.

the logs I posted on here are in automatic, except for one I believe is a third gear run.

I don't see why logs should be done solely in 3rd because they may look good in that gear but, while in automatic the wot logs do not look so good.

So I log more often in auto. Where did you see 2k-6k in 7 secs? and is that good or bad?

I don't see why logs should be done solely in 3rd because they may look good in that gear but, while in automatic the wot logs do not look so good.

So I log more often in auto. Where did you see 2k-6k in 7 secs? and is that good or bad?

You're right in that a tune needs to be tested in all conditions to be sure it's good, but the process needs repeatability through most of the steps. A tuner cannot make changes based on one situation and then assess the effects from another situation.

Automatics are a pain in the ass. It happens to me sometimes that I've tuned the car to very smooth boost control in one gear (usually 3rd) and then in testing it will overboost on a hard shift from 3rd to 4th if that occurs somewhere near where peak boost is set. You have to go through the process for one gear first. If you have issues when driving in your normal way, or even doing what I call stress testing... trying to induce overboost etc., then make a note of what happened. If you can repeat the behavior then do so while logging so your tuner can see clearly what the issue is.

It's already very difficult to do remote tunes, so don't make life harder for your tuner.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

well I figured out why the eff my AFRs were acting all shitty after boost test.... Wow the dealer put my air filter in horizontally when it should have been in vertically.... So the filter wasnt sealing properly to the airbox! turned it and now nice and snug and my AFRS are consistently closer to 0 at wot, cruising and idle!!! Imma punch the service dept guy in the face!

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f66/direction-air-filter-78321/

errr I think the pleats are supposed to be horizontal...

I see the oem parts shows it horizontal, but trust me when it was horizontal it literally would just fall out of the front part of the air box, when I flipped it to vertical it went in all snug, maybe its a different design than oem? dealer put it in I forget what the part number was but I looked it up and it was correct, perhaps I got a jacked up airbox? either way its working now so imma leave it how it is.. Never in my life have I had so many issues with a car!!!! Plus the clamps on the top are actually tighter now as before they wher kinda loose, the filter isnt exactly square either it is slightly rectangular

You're right in that a tune needs to be tested in all conditions to be sure it's good, but the process needs repeatability through most of the steps. A tuner cannot make changes based on one situation and then assess the effects from another situation.

Automatics are a pain in the ass. It happens to me sometimes that I've tuned the car to very smooth boost control in one gear (usually 3rd) and then in testing it will overboost on a hard shift from 3rd to 4th if that occurs somewhere near where peak boost is set. You have to go through the process for one gear first. If you have issues when driving in your normal way, or even doing what I call stress testing... trying to induce overboost etc., then make a note of what happened. If you can repeat the behavior then do so while logging so your tuner can see clearly what the issue is.

It's already very difficult to do remote tunes, so don't make life harder for your tuner.

yes I send my tuner the 3rd gear logs and sometimes include an auto log so he can see how its behaving. I see what you mean about finishing on gear completely then tweaking from there. :)

did you look at the link?

here, i'll attach it here.

edit: ah, see you just posted another post... if the dealer put it in, i'd expect it to be a stock filter. hmm

yes I even looked at another site to see why it was so loose I thought an extra, rubber seal was supposed to go around it, but I guess not, I almost want to tear it apart and post pics of how shitty of a fit it was horizontal just so you believe me, I saw the pics too when I was looking to see if it needed a gasket and was like WTF when I saw it horizontal??????? Hell If I wanted a shitty car I would have bought American I guess subaru isnt living up to its reputation any more, They probably put the pics on wrong so people mess there car up and bring it in for service :(

Archived