LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Altima SE-R....

So I was minding my own business on my way to work this am, when all of a sudden a charcoal grey Altima buzzes me, not just an SE V6, but the SE-R!

So I proceed to dance with him around some light traffic until we have a couple of clear lanes, then I slip it into 4th, at about 80mph, and wait until I see his nose come up as he moves into the center lane, I then open it up, and immediately start putting some nice real estate between us. About 6-8 car lengths from 80-125mph, I shut it down shortly after grabbing 5th.

While I slowed down, he just kept on sailing by, not even looking over to me, almost like he wanted to pretend that he wasn't just spanked, and badly, the kind that leaves a little red outline of your hand!

And of course as always, I was off my usual timing schedule, and I happened to stumble upon someone to tango with. Made my commute much more satisfying this morning.

I know you'll ask, so my mods are:

STI Up

Cobb DP

Perrin TMIC

Yeah, it's relatively new, comes with some upgraded wheels, tires, suspension, and a little more power. They look pretty sharp!

i considered one for a while --- too much $$ for what you get though... nicer cars in the same price range. (*cough* LGT)

I'm a huge nissan fanboy though, always have been, always will be.

my last car was an Se-R... (sentra SE-R) -- nice little cars.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/nissan/altima/100395555/specs.html?tid=edmunds.n.researchlanding.leftsidenav..8.Nissan*

2005 nissan altima SE-R

3.5L V6 with 260HP and 250TQ and is rated for the 6MT version have various numbers on the web from 0-60 in 5.5/5.9 sec range...

So basically if your car is bone stock it would be pretty damn close..

Probably why he was pissed ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I don't think he was even paying attention to be honest with you...

Yeah, I agree.

There's NO WAY a stock LGT with just up/down pipes and FMIC will

pull on an Altima SE-R...much less 6-8 car lengths from 80-125 mph.

A Stage 2 tuned LGT would pull on a Altima SE-R for sure, but still maybe not

6-8 car lengths from 80-125 mph.

Those car trap at 100 mph...which is about equal to a Stage 1 LGT (manual of course) trap speed.

An Altima SE-R will pull on a stock LGT from a roll...especially at those speeds.

Yeah, I agree.

There's NO WAY a stock LGT with just up/down pipes and FMIC will

pull on an Altima SE-R...much less 6-8 car lengths from 80-125 mph.

A Stage 2 tuned LGT would pull on a Altima SE-R for sure, but still maybe not

6-8 car lengths from 80-125 mph.

Those car trap at 100 mph...which is about equal to a Stage 1 LGT (manual of course) trap speed.

An Altima SE-R will pull on a stock LGT from a roll...especially at those speeds.

Maybe he let off a little early, but I clearly had more power! I have no doubt that I would have put at least 4-5 cars on him. What a car is supposed to do on paper and what it does in reality are not the same! You can have a lot of slower cars hang with fast cars from a dig, and from low speed rolls, but from a highway roll it's a different story! Any hp discrepency will show up much quicker!

Awhile back I had a run with a 3.2TL 6spd, and embarrased him from a highway roll til the end of 4th, about 120+mph.

Just for giggles, how do you think I would fare against an E46 M3, from a similar highway roll?

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/nissan/altima/100395555/specs.html?tid=edmunds.n.researchlanding.leftsidenav..8.Nissan*

2005 nissan altima SE-R

3.5L V6 with 260HP and 250TQ and is rated for the 6MT version have various numbers on the web from 0-60 in 5.5/5.9 sec range...

So basically if your car is bone stock it would be pretty damn close..

Probably why he was pissed ;)

Not to magazine race ;), but the most recent road test of the Altima SE-R I saw (motor trend?), had less positive numbers than were being tossed around previously: 0-60 in mid sixes and 1/4 in mid 14s. Not to say that this wasnt due to other circumstances but all that power through the front wheels has gotta be tough to handle, especially with no TC or LSD.

Another race for you, geeez!!! I have decided to move up by you just so I can drive on that stretch of highway each morning. Nice run man.

Yeah I wonder how you would do against an E46 M3... I'm guessing the outcome would surprise some here.

Another race for you, geeez!!! I have decided to move up by you just so I can drive on that stretch of highway each morning. Nice run man.

Yeah I wonder how you would do against an E46 M3... I'm guessing the outcome would surprise some here.

I keep tellin' you man, whenever I am running a little late or early, fate seems to find me! I should do it more often!

How was your honeymoon cruise? Pm me about it.

magazine race <> real world race.

In the real world, the SE-R got spanked. End of story. Enjoy and basked in your glory edmundu.

Some guys just need to read less magazines and drive their legacy GTs. :rolleyes:

Thanks wunderkind! I agree.

magazine race <> real world race.

In the real world, the SE-R got spanked. End of story. Enjoy and basked in your glory edmundu.

Some guys just need to read less magazines and drive their legacy GTs. :rolleyes:

+1.

Nice drivin'!

Just for giggles, how do you think I would fare against an E46 M3, from a similar highway roll?

I think that wouldn't be pretty for you, but you never know... I would have never guessed you'd walk an SE-R like that from a roll either, so what do I know?!? :redface:

I think that wouldn't be pretty for you, but you never know... I would have never guessed you'd walk an SE-R like that from a roll either, so what do I know?!? :redface:

You would be mistaken! I actually had a few runs against an M3, a board member's friend, and everytime the same outcome..... The M3 would slowly pull out a 2 car advantage from about 70-120mph!

I never thought it would have been this close, but it was! Mmm def was also there and saw it, and he posted about in on the General forum.

Archived