LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Moderators

Good news (and news that is 'meh')!

I now have a large amount of "rail material" that is milled to the correct dimensions as far as the legs and the "groove" are concerned--yay! I'll get to cutting up a good bit of it this evening to get it to the final dimensions for the kit.

The "meh" new is that the groove that they put into the pieces for the front rails is slightly off-center as I requested...just to the WRONG SIDE. This isn't the end of the world though, as I'm just going to have them widen the groove and all should be ok. I'm not sure yet if this will be done today/tomorrow or early next week.

In the meantime, I've take one of the pieces for the front rail to do a test fit sometime tonight/tomorrow no matter what. The zip tie may still fit OK or I may find out that the groove really does need to be wider. Either way, I have 90% of the material already that I can start working with.

More updates and pics to come.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quick test fit last night--everything went on as expected. Still need to play around a bit today with getting the zip ties nice and tight, but the rails aren't going anywhere. I'm going to try a tool today to get them extra-tight, and if it works I'll likely by 5-10 of them and put them into "circulation" for people to use to help with installation. Will update how it works a bit later.

Unfortunately I still have to wait for the last pieces to be returned with the groove corrected for fitment. I'd be willing to send out what I have now if you are in an absolute rush to have it sooner rather than later, just let me know. I think the groove will be a bit nicer, but looking at the kit the front rail isn't going anywhere as it is now.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/DSC_0006.jpg

Note: don't hold your block of wood like this, you'll been fins on your intercooler :redface:

• Moderators
^^rubber mallet works much better IMO

Wouldn't argue with you--probably takes a bit of the guess work out of it as well. I've packed mine though, so it likely won't be seen again until sometime in mid-September, lol.

• Moderators

OK, I bought a tool today to test it out on the zip ties. It makes things much better as far as getting the ties nice and tight (you can see in the video how it works). That said, I'm going to buy 10 similar tools to put into "circulation" as loaner tools for those installing the kit. The one's I'm buying will be slightly different from the one used in the video, but the function will be similar. I'll include the 10 tools in the kits going to those who paid first. After that, my hope is that the tools will circulate between those that need it.

Video of the style of tool I'm referring to and the results--nice tight zip ties and a super-slick bullet-proof mod that won't have any clearance issues at all (sorry for the crying baby, what're ya gonna do...:rolleyes:):

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/th_DSC_0007.jpg

Thanks! Looks nice and tight.

BTW - Were you doing that on top of your piano? Seemed like everytime you hit the screwdriver, there was some note resonance. Background dialogue was nice too. :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Moderators
Looks nice and tight.

That's what she said :cool:

BTW - Were you doing that on top of your piano? Seemed like everytime you hit the screwdriver, there was some note resonance. Background dialogue was nice too. :)

It's an old school drop-leaf table, I think the noise is from the hinges :confused: The only piano in the house at the moment has only 8 keys and is played exclusively by the "narrator" in the video :lol:

• Moderators
Hicksta heard it too... so it has to be there... ;)

Pssssshhhhhhh. :p

It is there, I hear it too--I still think it's the table and really don't think it's the straps. They have a very different pitch if you 'pluck' them

• Moderators

Drove to the shop to pick up the last of the material--it looks great!

Fired up the saw tonight and cut the final pieces for 8 kits. Should get some more done tomorrow.

I also ordered every cv banding tool that amazon had on Saturday--the first tools will get to me on Wednesday according to tracking which means the first kit will ship on Thursday!

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/DSC_0001-1.jpg

• Moderators

First kit was shipped out today :D Others will fly off the shelf as soon as I have the zip tie tools in stock (beginning on Thursday). Everyone who prepaid will be getting one of the tools to help with installation. Those in the future are strongly encouraged to purchase one to help with installation of the zip ties (search for "CV Joint Banding Tool")--it makes things much easier and really finishes the kit nicely by getting the ties nice and tight.

Perks to those who prepaid, I thank you all very much!!!

• Moderators

All prepaid kits are DONE :cool:. All of the cable tools are scheduled to show up tomorrow (according to Amazon). Assuming this is the case I'll ship out all of the kits that have been paid for on Thursday--most should receive them on Saturday or the beginning of next week.

I currently have four unclaimed kits on the shelf ready to go (not including the cable tool) and should have more after this weekend.

Packed up a whole mess of kits to go out tomorrow. Most of those that have paid for a kit should receive them on Saturday or Monday depending on where you're at :)

Thanks man! Now I just gotta rig up a intercooler water sprayer for my wrx :)