LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

The customer is always right!

By no means am I bashing on you or your product. Just nitpicking on the product name.

Also, there's an a in ammunition ;)

Obviously, drugs... because everyone knows the NAME of a product, is not the DEFINITION of a product. Otherwise Ford, for example, would have a lot of trouble with Mustang, Sable, and the rest. Eh?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

When I named this The BulletProof-TMIC Mod I anticipated this exact disruptive conversation. Notice how it is written. It is a NAME, not a sentence.

And I hate to burst bubbles, but... the customer is NOT always right. People who think so have spent too much time in front of the counter, and none behind it.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, drugs... because everyone knows the NAME of a product, is not the DEFINITION of a product. Otherwise Ford, for example, would have a lot of trouble with Mustang, Sable, and the rest. Eh?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

When I named this The BulletProof-TMIC Mod I anticipated this exact disruptive conversation. Notice how it is written. It is a NAME, not a sentence.

And I hate to burst bubbles, but... the customer is NOT always right. People who think so have spent too much time in front of the counter, and none behind it.

^ thank you sir! Working in the Customer Service industry I appreciate the comment about the customer not being right all the time. Things happen that we have no control over sometimes.

nothing to see here.....move on.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Okay - this is a legitimate information/interest thread by an authorized vendor - trolling is neither encouraged nor desired here. Questions were answered and subsequent troll detris has been removed. Let's keep this to the topic at hand - kthks!
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Moderators

Hey guys, out and about at the moment. I have a few peoe to get in touch with and will try to do so later today.

Mini update: material is still at the shop, no word from them yet which I assume means they're making progress. Still hoping for results sometime next week.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Have been talking to Fred Beans about the large corbin clamp / hose clamp order that I placed last Monday. Hadn't shown up yet so I was starting to wonder.

Turns out the order cleared out the stock as far as Georgia and they've been waiting to get the rest. Props to them for deciding to ship what they have so far so that I'll have some to send out if the kits are ready before next week! Zip ties are also in hand as is a stock TMIC for a test fit. Just waiting on the rail pieces to be finished up and then I have a bit of cutting / finish work to do before sending out the first kits.

Big thanks again to those that have prepaid and thanks for being patient :)

• Moderators

For those following along, I was really hoping that things would be ready to at lease ship out a few kits by this weekend--looks like that's not going to happen. I contacted the shop today to find out when I might be able to pick up the finished material and was informed that the job has barely been started. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I've been given an actual date this time: the 10th of August (Friday). It's possible that things will be done before then, but I can't say that with any certainty. Every machine shop that I've been in contact with has been extremely busy, and their organizational skills and ability to deliver on the finer details (i.e. budget / time) have been a bit lacking to say the least.

I don't have a day off from work until the 25th of August (:eek:) but I will have time set aside to bust out some finish work on the material on the evening of the 10th and during the day on the 11th (before a night shift). That means that assuming the shop comes through on the date they've laid out, at least some of the the kits will be shipping before the post office closes on the 11th.

• Moderators
BMB - I know you're buried with work so no rush but is the above timeline still look possible? Just checking to see if they've mentioned any setbacks (knowing how production work goes).

Thanks!

I spoke to them this morning and from what I can tell they are still on track, but for some reason they can't give me a firm update until tomorrow morning.

I hate not being in control here. I have everything lined up to ship--zip ties, corbin clamps, instructions, OEM TMIC for test fitting, etc--and at the moment I'm just stuck waiting on the shop to provide the machined rails :mad:

I should definitely have more info one way or another tomorrow morning from what I've been told. If even a portion of the pieces are ready, I'll make sure to do everything I can to be able to pick them up so I can send something out this weekend--I know that you are one of the folks waiting to install this immediately and want to get it in the mail for you as soon as possible.

• Moderators

No worries at all, I'm definitely nagging on my end. I called the owner's cell this morning and he said he'd have an update in 24 hours....so I called the shop directly to see if they could give me an update sooner---aaaaand ended up with the owner on the phone asking why I was calling again, lol.

At the end of the day they missed a deadline right off the bat, so now I'm going to hound them to make sure that this is getting done.

• Moderators

Original post updated with interested parties and those that have paid, one more kit sold and paid for :)

Spoke to the shop this morning and should have good news for those that have paid very shortly :cool::cool::cool:

If you have paid me and are NOT marked as such on the original list, please please please let me know!