LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

As always, for those who have the skills and inclination, my original plans are available on request via email to jeffhufman@yahoo.com.

That said, were I to need a BP Mod again, I’d buy a kit. It’s not hard to make, but it is exacting and time consuming.

It’s rewarding to see the time-proven results of my once disparaged original name and claims. The Bullet Proof TMIC Mod is just what it says... thanks in large part to this great website, legacygt.com.

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Do what? Who would disparage such a godsend?

There was a lot of skepticism about whether the BP mod would actually be effective in allowing people to run high boost reliably on the stock TMIC when it came out.

Lots of people still think the lower flow rate of the stock TMIC means it should be replaced on Stage 3 and above cars, but in terms of reliability, the record has proven the haters wrong.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey I know this is an old thread but anyone have a BP mod they can sell or at leat a parts list and some Intel on what needs to be done. It looks like aluminum U channel with some holes drilled through and one side cut down some. And help would be much appreciated. Thanks

13 hours ago, sleepyxt said:

Hey I know this is an old thread but anyone have a BP mod they can sell or at leat a parts list and some Intel on what needs to be done. It looks like aluminum U channel with some holes drilled through and one side cut down some. And help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Yeah. Just u-channel and some stainless zip ties.

I made my own based on instructions BarmanBean sent me. I could find the file and pass it along if you like.

The stubby bit at the bottom of the IC is not needed in my opinion, simply because the channels on the top And bottom of the IC would have to faiL before it would matter.

I also found that I had to hammer the channels on so hard that the ‘drilled holes and bolts were overkill and left them off. If you run so much boost that they can be made to stretch and come off the IC, you have bigger problems than a zip tie not holding things together.

Or I also have my bulletproofed IC somewhere that I would sell on. Went to a GS TMIC and won’t be going back to stock….

Has anyone truly tested the "bullet proof" name?

In the name of science I offer all necessary components excluding said "bullet proof tmic" for full testing. BB to .50cal.  

Let's come together as a community and once and for all answer the burning question of "how much sh^t can we blow the f up?  it's a Subie."

Yo @THE RZA you in?

• Haha 1