LegacyGT.com

Look what I towed home today..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive been busy...

Installed new seats, stripped the back of the cab, determined i need new calipers pads and rotors front and rear, and started painting it today lol

uploadfromtaptalk1342049602490.jpg.a311a09c8d94f45745aa8bebed301016.jpg

Thankyou thankyou, ill have more pictures when im done.. can someone talk to me about compatibility of calipers between years and generations of these first gens? It has a 94 rear end/hubs and was a 14" wheel car.

A lot of people put 02 WRX brakes on the front, and do the H6 conversion on the rear. camerconcameras writeup:http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2nd-gen-lgt-brake-upgrades-wrx-front-and-h6-rear-154702.html

Or you can put LGT calipers from any second gen on there.

edit: or calipers from any second gen L but they suck.

Cutting and gutting it has made it substantially lighter, stopping power really isnt an issue. It is a non abs car, im just looking for cheap at this point haha. 94 auto rear calipers new are $85, where as 92 auto rear are $50 for some reason

Does it really qualify for classic plates?

Looks like a beast already!

Yep! Its 20 years in ct for classic plates. Qualifies this year lol.

Ive got some lights to add as well, going to make a brush guard of sorts first to mount them to though.

thats cool man were did you find that bad boy

A local Connecticut kid bought it when he was 18, and after a few years of beating it up.. converted it to awd and chopped the back off of it. He has a swapped forester and is getting married, so his bride to be said it had to go. It had been sitting for a while in his yard and hadnt gotten much use till now.

The paint turned out good :D I'm pumped

about this car haha

Edit: Is car the right word?

I refer to it as 'le cruck'

Though when i can (i have to wait a little while to do so) it will be getting classic vanity plates that just say cruck lol

Well, i got 80% of enclosing the back done today.

Welding 16ga sheet metal with a 230v/180a mig spool gun doesnt work that well. I should have gone with a thicker gauge.. but couldnt justify the double price for 16ga vs the 22. Ended up going with plexiglass for the back window. It works perfectly. Tomorrow i will finish sealing it and pretty it up a little then snap some pictures.

Also; the verdict is in. Needs new calipers pads and rotors both front and back. A few years of sitting in grass didnt do it well.

Anyone know if 99 GF front calipers pads rotors will fit the 92 leggy front end?

How about 04 wrx rear calipers pads and rotors on 94 auto rears?

Archived