Look what I towed home today..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know. I know the WRX front calipers

fit if you get the WRX bracket. If you have

an non-abs though you'll need a different

Master Cylinder.

**** i forgot about that. That means losing hill hold.

What reason requires a different master? Im only changing the calipers nothing else on the system

So the cab is done for now! Have to clean the excess seam sealer off the window as i kind of made a mess, but its sealed. We will see if it leaks during the next storm. If it does, more sealant will be applied till its solved.

I used great stuff along all the outer edges from the inside, and 3m clear body seam sealer around the window and on the exterior seams that would be prone to leaking.

Its sloppy, but it gets the job done and fits the car well.

http://img.tapatalk.com/aefc361b-97e8-9dd7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1342478255898.thumb.jpg.c794fa7f8ac9b39a3b553c6cdb1a1663.jpg

You need a push-bar on the front! Looks great from the side!

I'd never drive a death trap like that, but to each their own...

How is it a death trap? It has a 6 point, properly manufactured and installed halo bar, along with the stock b pillar and all roof supports associated. It also has seatbelts and airbags!

Its a normal leggy wagon, lifted and with the back cut off.

It's turning out BA! Have you considered adding offroad wheels sometime later on?

Offroad wheels? You mean tires? It has some pretty aggressive tires on it right now while still being streetable and not killing mpg

Offroad wheels? You mean tires? It has some pretty aggressive tires on it right now while still being streetable and not killing mpg

Yes fixed the original post. Well it still looks sweet! The previous owner wouldn't believe that's the same car they gave you

**** i forgot about that. That means losing hill hold.

What reason requires a different master? Im only changing the calipers nothing else on the system

Well, it depends. If you have ABS it should be

able to handle the bigger calipers. With non-

abs the MC wont push enough fluid through

to fill them properly so it's really a waste of

money without the larger bore MC.

Turning out awesome by the way :D

Im not looking for upgraded stopping power, im looking for calipers that arent seized :lol:

Losing close to 500lbs of weight off the car makes it pretty nimble for a 92. Ill swap them out and if it sucks after the swap ill just upgrade the master. Hill hold is so nice though .. especially as my girlfriend will be bettering her stick driving abilities in it in the future.

Two things, you need to fab a tailgate, and build a pop up plate for that spare well. Honestly, if I had the money I'd offer 2g to take it off your hands. That thing just keeps looking better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Two things, you need to fab a tailgate, and build a pop up plate for that spare well. Honestly, if I had the money I'd offer 2g to take it off your hands. That thing just keeps looking better.

I think im going to try and find an old tailgate and chop it at the glass and put that in.

By pop up plate, you mean like a tool box lid? Lol

I was thinking more along the lines of just some waffle board aluminum with a hinge. Just something to cover the hole. But making it into a toolbox would work too.

Archived