LegacyGT.com

BRZ Sightings

LoHud 3.6R

Saw the black one at Minooka, mentioned earlier in this thread; W & L Subaru had a white one with a proper transmission; Saw a bright blue one on I-81 South, by Hazleton PA. I want to see more of these beauties on the road! And hopefully no riced ones!

"What's God, if not the spark that started life?"

~ Last Ride of the Day by Nightwish

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One was at a meet I was at on Monday. White. Its a nice looking car. The guy let people test drive it around the parking lot. It doesnt have a lot of acceleration and power but it handles beautifully! Definitely a track kind of car.

Saw one today in town. Have to say they are more impressive in person than in pictures.

I hope so. Because I think they are ugly as sin in pictures, particularly in the back end. And much like every other Subaru without an STi badge on it, the stock wheel offerings are hideous and require immediate removal.

:hide:

Give us a review! Have you ever driven a miata? If so, please compare specifically to that car! :)

Sorry it took so long to see this post! I'm re-learning stick on this car (haven't driven it in over six years), but so far I am loving it. Unfortunately, I have no Miata experience so I can't do that comparison for you. The car feels extremely planted to the ground through turns and has enough go in it for me (of course, I only had a 2.5i...). Any other questions, let me know!

I hope so. Because I think they are ugly as sin in pictures, particularly in the back end. And much like every other Subaru without an STi badge on it, the stock wheel offerings are hideous and require immediate removal.

:hide:

It's funny, I actually started to really like the back of the BRZ the most shortly after picking mine up. The curves of the rear fenders really give it a nice look/stance to me.

I saw one the other day in blue,really nice car.

Even now the STI has creeped up to $40,000 dollars! in just 7 years! 7 years ago a brand new 2005 STI loaded didn't get near $35,000. Even the EVO is 40k wtf? personally the STI isn't even worth the price premium over the WRX. I mean sure you get 2 extra diffs,a 6 speed,brembo brakes and some other goodies,but i can't justify the extra price premium over the regular WRX. For 25k the WRX is a bargain,you get alot for what you pay for,and it's faster than the STI too. The older STI's were faster than the older WRX. The new WRX is faster than the New STI. Nowadays for some people who own an STI,it seems like it's just a status symbol. "Oh you have an STI?" big whoop,my WRX is better,faster and was less expensive than your car. I love the STI too but it's too expensive for what it is. It needs atleast 40+ more HP and to be smaller and lighter. It has had 300HP since 2004 come on Subaru it should have atleast 340-380 by now!

Guess how I can tell you don't know what you're talking about?

Never trust someone who judges a car's worth based on hp alone. Also, a fully optioned brand new STi was right around $35k, which was more than today's $35k.

I'll give you a nod on the 201x STi's being of questionable value over the standard WRX for anything but track use. You're talking out of your ass for the rest of it.

I saw one the other day in blue,really nice car but some people are paying waay too much for it. I heard some dealers are inflating the price to 28-30K!! thats just ridiculous..anybody who pays that much for a BRZ is retarded. The base price of 25k is still too expensive for that car with only 200HP. I'd rather have a WRX for the same price,and with more power,AWD and utility,functionality and practicality. The BRZ STI will be awesome but will the price skyrocket to 34-40 grand by then? Jesus.

Even now the STI has creeped up to $40,000 dollars! in just 7 years! 7 years ago a brand new 2005 STI loaded didn't get near $35,000. Even the EVO is 40k wtf? personally the STI isn't even worth the price premium over the WRX. I mean sure you get 2 extra diffs,a 6 speed,brembo brakes and some other goodies,but i can't justify the extra price premium over the regular WRX. For 25k the WRX is a bargain,you get alot for what you pay for,and it's faster than the STI too. The older STI's were faster than the older WRX. The new WRX is faster than the New STI. Nowadays for some people who own an STI,it seems like it's just a status symbol. "Oh you have an STI?" big whoop,my WRX is better,faster and was less expensive than your car. I love the STI too but it's too expensive for what it is. It needs atleast 40+ more HP and to be smaller and lighter. It has had 300HP since 2004 come on Subaru it should have atleast 340-380 by now!

2005 STI base MSRP $33,020

2012 STI base MSRP $34,845

Price of 2005 STI in today's dollars? $38,798

Loss in profit on every dollar in 2012 vs 2005 vs exchange rate? 25%

If anything, the STI has held the line on price despite all kinds of economic pressure.

It's obvious you haven't driven the BRZ. I had the opportunity to have an extended drive in my buddies BRZ. It is a little slow off the line, but has plenty of power in the midrange. As far as handling, it's in another realm.

My STI feels like it's fighting physics by clawing around corners despite the weight of the vehicle pulling it in the opposite direction. The BRZ, on the other hand, just turns at speed. I'm excited for what the next STI will bring if it learns a few tricks from the BRZ.

The WRX is only faster than the STI in 0-60 and that's because the STI close ratio six speed requires 3 shifts to get to sixty vs the WRX's longer geared 5 speed's 2 shifts. The STI is still faster around a track. It's obvious you haven't driven a WRX or STI as they are two totally different beasts in driving. The WRX is quick straight line, but the brakes fade, it rolls a LOT more, the power doesn't come on as quick... and that's before the subjective stuff like the shifter. Your bench racing just makes you look foolish. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2005 STI base MSRP $33,020

2012 STI base MSRP $34,845

Price of 2005 STI in today's dollars? $38,798

Loss in profit on every dollar in 2012 vs 2005 vs exchange rate? 25%

If anything, the STI has held the line on price despite all kinds of economic pressure.

It's obvious you haven't driven the BRZ. I had the opportunity to have an extended drive in my buddies BRZ. It is a little slow off the line, but has plenty of power in the midrange. As far as handling, it's in another realm.

My STI feels like it's fighting physics by clawing around corners despite the weight of the vehicle pulling it in the opposite direction. The BRZ, on the other hand, just turns at speed. I'm excited for what the next STI will bring if it learns a few tricks from the BRZ.

The WRX is only faster than the STI in 0-60 and that's because the STI close ratio six speed requires 3 shifts to get to sixty vs the WRX's longer geared 5 speed's 2 shifts. The STI is still faster around a track. It's obvious you haven't driven a WRX or STI as they are two totally different beasts in driving. The WRX is quick straight line, but the brakes fade, it rolls a LOT more, the power doesn't come on as quick... and that's before the subjective stuff like the shifter. Your bench racing just makes you look foolish. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Well said, and accurate. I've owned both a 2011 WRX and still have a 2011 STi Limited, modded and tuned both to Stg2+, and know the differences well.

When I sat in the BRZ I'd preordered I just couldn't do it, despite the beauty of the car overall. My STi provides me too much of what I know and want to trade it for the other. The BRZ is an "extra" car, IMO and apparently others as well. With an STi and an SUV already the BRZ was an extravagance I couldn't justify.

At my age and experience the year I spent with the 11 WRX made me realize what a poor fit it was... and it didn't take a year to conclude that. The more I did to it the more I saw that it needed, and in the end it would still have been a poor fit to Me. The STi is the opposite.

Come to think of it, I can see the resemblance. Just look at the 5th gen! :hide:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2010_subaru_legacy.jpg

http://play-auto.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/toyota-camry-2010.jpg

I think one lives near me, I've seen a charcoal grayish one three or four times in my area. I got to check one out closely, sat inside and didnt like it. However im sure driving it would change everything:lol:

Archived